“Surprisingly good chips!”

Wirksworth Fish Bar
Ranked #7 of 10 Quick Bites in Matlock
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I was in Wirksworth for an evening event and having not eaten I had noted that there were a few places in Wirksworth. In the end I went for good British takeaway, although I actually chose to eat in. I ordered Chicken Breast and Chips and was pleasantly surprised at the good sized chicken breast and a good size portion of chips which were the best I have had in a long while from a chip shop. The eating in tables were basic but not cramped and ideal for my quick visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Evening opening time is at 17:00.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Although extremely busy with the Carnival on and queue out the door they were serving at a great pace. Staff were friendly and smiling despite being so busy. Fish and Chips were great, piping hot. Would certainly use again when in town.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

Lovely fish and chip diner with busy trade and available to eat in or take away. It appears to be a popular spot for locals and visitors alike.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

I orderd a chicken burger with no bread and a portion of chips with peas first off they asked if I wanted sauce I said mayo so she put mayo in my bread and I said I can’t have bread so she mumbled something chucked my burger in the fryer and then started serving someone else then they got my peas wrong never once appoligise for getting my order wrong despite me saying several times no bread with burger

Reviewed November 5, 2017

A regular fish and chip bar where you know what you are getting, always clean and service is quick and friendly.