“Worth a visit”

Darley Dale Fish Bar
Ranked #85 of 151 Restaurants in Matlock
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Whenever we visit a chippy I always ask for fish batter bits on top of my order and this is the first chippy I have been to which didn't have them. No big deal but disappointing. The chips were good but the fish cake was not to my liking. Again no big deal as my hubby ate them both so they were obviously to his liking. Limited parking on the front of the shop. The staff were friendly. One small criticism is that they don't put enough salt and vinegar on before wrapping your order.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Freshly cooked. Hot. Large portions. Great service. A good choice for a takeaway if in the area. Recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Suggest you edit these on your website which states you are open 11.30am - 10.30pm. Went today at approx 4.00pm to find you closed. Not good customer relations and very disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018

We had driven passed Darley Dale Fish Bar several times during our holiday in the area. On one of the days we had packed so much in that we ended up having a late finish to the day and were absolutely cream crackered! I suggested a fish and chip tea so that we could just go back and relax after eating straight away. I was absolutely gutted to learn that they had run out of Yorkshire fishcakes (slice of fish between two slices of potato then battered.........delicious and worth trying if you've never had one, especially in a buttered bap with Henderson's Relish!), so we all opted for large cod and chips. 5 large cod, 3 large chips to share, 1 large battered sausage and 1 large mushy peas was a little bit pricey but I had ordered far too many chips (1 large portion would have been plenty for two adults and three children). Everything was cooked to order and still piping hot when we got back to our cottage. The chippy was busy when we went in and my only gripe is that he forgot to salt and vinegar our chips, said he would when we asked, and then forgot again. Not a scrap of fish was left over and everyone enjoyed their fuss free tea.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 18, 2018

We had been out for the day and decided to have fish and chips as a take out. They were delicious, and still very hot when we got home, which took us 5 minutes. The staff were very friendly too.

Date of visit: February 2018