“Excellent”
Review of Moja

Moja
Ranked #23 of 151 Restaurants in Matlock
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Finest Bangladeshi & Indian Cuisine. Offering A Restaurant & Takeaway Service. A New Concept Of Bring Your Own Alcohol In!
Reviewed February 9, 2018

Visiting Matlock for the weekend , my wife and myself searched for places to eat on the internet.After reading reviews on TripAdvisor about the Moja we decided to give it a go.We arrived at 6.00 and were greeted by VERY courteous staff.
We took our own beers and they were taken from us and put in the fridge until we were ready. The starters, main courses, naan, were all excellent.
The Moja has brought back my faith in Indian cuisine.
Well worth a visit you won't be disappointed

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Colin R
Syed H, Manager at Moja, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thank you very much, your custom is very much appreciated and we would be more than delighted to have you return

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I visited sat 20th jan with 3 freinds . I arrived before my freinds and although they were running very late i didnt feel pushed or awkward and appreciated the staffs patience greatly while i held the table alone.

The restaurant isn't licensed so you are encouraged to bring your own alcohol. And reminded so when you book

We all orderd poppadums and pickle tray and then had a curry main. A rice and we shared 2 nan breads between 4 of us and had a side of Bombay potatoes

I had the exotica curry (mix chick.prawn.lamb) in a gorgeous sauce so tasty and not hot. And i had mushroom rice and Peshawari nan. There was so much filling in the nan it was the best ive had Ever !!

All my freinds commented how tasty their currys were. A korma. A jalfrezi and special from the menu but i cant remeber what the 4 the was called sorry. murgh something. And my freind advised it was utterly delicious

The staff were attentive filled our glasses with out bought in wine and beers. We had table water.

Lovely clean restaurant. Didnt feel rushed and it came to £70 which i thought was good for a very good meal for 4 .

Highly recommended. Many thanks we will be back !!!

2  Thank pudcake1985

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Called in after being out all day, I had the chicken dupiaza, really large meal, so much I couldn’t eat it all. Always a lovely curry at the Moja, very attentive staff and great service.

2  Thank Pete B

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

Took my grandchildren tonight 4/1 what a lovely welcome superb food so tasty Exotica was so good, chicken, lamb and prawns in medium sauce. Children had tikka and biriani Lovely started too recommended the naan garlic with cheese yummy. Well done Moja, staff exceptional

2  Thank patbI8577ZS

Reviewed December 10, 2017

We went in on a snowy December Sunday evening and were the only ones in. No problem with service. Food was a mixed bag, some very good and tasty, some ok and some mmmm! No alcohol but I think you do get stung for soft drinks. Probably better sticking with take aways.

Date of visit: December 2017