All reviews the pub ducks and geese suet pudding specials board a family run business rooms are fine real ale lovely atmosphere varied menu off the beaten track log fire fresh milk fillet steak full english nice room down to earth sunday lunch
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We we’re delighted to arrive Sunday when it was busy and had a great dinner here. The accommodation was great and we enjoyed hearing the crickets as we went to bed. The breakfast was first class. 30 ducks and several dogs provide the country feeling.The pub has a homey atmosphere. We felt like locals by the next evening. The family has owned it for 26 years . Staff are excellent.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room. By 10 pm you could hear a pin drop.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Starving hungry on the way west and stopped off for lunch, what a delight.
Met with a lovely welcome, had a nice pint and a super lunch, with proper chip from a Potato not a packet.
I only rated it four because I absolutely hate getting food served on a breadboard, plates were invented for food and they do a damned good job!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 833Paul833
Reviewed May 31, 2018

Stayed here for two nights and much enjoyable too. This gaff is set back from the A38 just past Saltash situated off the beaten track down a windy intriguing driveway.
As you arrive in the spacious car park the place looks, well...normal, that is until you are greeted by a small military core of geese and mallards chasing each other around the courtyard but no one bats an eyelid as they are family. And family is the residing feature I carry with me away from the Crooked inn. The food is darn good and I mean good, plentiful but not too much, my mother was served a Herculean Haddock and my wild mushroom risotto was indeed wildly tasty. Breakfast between 7 and 10 healthy nearly healthy and everything in-between and locally sourced I believe. The owners are fun! Madam pulled up on a small white quad and monsieur gave her a big cuddle, slightly eccentric, both lovely and vibrant with life! And it is this spirit of the place and people that moves me to write an appreciative review. Dave and Anthony polite, friendly, down to earth, delivering an excellent no fuss customer service. In fact all the staff here are very, very good at what they do in a simple earthy and natural way. There is a large coniferous tree bang in the middle of the courtyard a magnificent centrepiece. The rooms are fine, clean and tidy with some nice little touches, selection of teas and coffees in a small pine box, shower mat etc.

Dogs are allowed and there is a nice warm buzz about the bar with an eclectic mix of people from all walks I imagine. My tv didn't work but I didn't care and if I did they would have rectified quickly I'm sure.

Would I go back? What do you think?

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

I stay here a lot because it’s friendly, quirky and the food is very good value for money. The B&B rate is really excellent especially when you consider the quality and size of the breakfast. Evening meals or lunch are excellent and the menu selection is always very good indeed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We played Golf on the North Coast and were playing St Mellion the next day so wanted somewhere close by.
That Crooked Inn fitted the bill perfectly. Very accommodating staff, comfy rooms, lovely courtyard area to sit and enjoy a pre dinner drink or three, excellent dinner. 2 small points to improve on are 1.rather than just leave a small printed note by the kettle saying fresh milk for tea and coffee is available it would be better to offer it to clients when checking in.
2. I really do enjoy scrambled egg, what I was served with was very over cooked, probably done in a microwave, not a difficult dish to do.
Overall a most enjoyable one night stay and would certainly do it again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends