“Best meal ever”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Wetheral
Price range: US$13 - US$63
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: located on the village green we are in idyllic location for beautiful family photos whatever occasion. In addition we are close to the River Eden for those wanting photos in a more rural setting with stunning scenery backdrops and one of the best salmon fishing Rivers in the country. For those who would like to get married within the area, we are in short stroll to Wetheral church. A delightful small country church, it is the perfect place to tie the knot with a loved one. Guests staying within the area will find a number of appealing areas of interest including the Roman Wall, Carlisle Cathedral and Carlisle Castle. Wetheral also has plenty of historic areas of interest including Wetheral priory gatehouse, Corby castle and the Wetheral railway viaduct.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous evening, my husband and I arrived with our 7yr old son, we opened the door and received a warm friendly welcome from the staff . From then on the quality of the service and food was fantastic. A unique & extensive gin menu, a good choice menu including the children’s menu.my son was allowed to try the soup to see if he liked it or not. .. not many places take that amount of care/attention on such things.My husband had the haggis scotch egg to start ... he was absolutely blown away with taste it was “perfect”. Again something different from the norm.
Our steak mains that followed again didn’t disappoint. - cooked to perfection.
To end the night the owner provided all diners with a complimentary drink of the their choice.
The whole dining experience was wonderful we shall be back. Best restaurant around & Strongly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
fantails, Owner at Fantails Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Many thanks for your very kind review. I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your dining experience with us, we thrive on helping out customers as best as we possibly can. We hope to see you all again very soon!
Kenny and the team.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

A stunning gin menu, really helpful staff who were keen to meet my needs from the offset. Great advice and info about the menu and wonderful food. Nice environment, feels special. Very attentive team and a great welcome.

1  Thank 617michellej
fantails, Manager at Fantails Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

We are thrilled you have enjoyed your evening here at Fantails! And hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Cosy place to go any day of the week. I was there on wednesday and it was crowded but quiet. The staff was quick and fantastic. The food was just delicious, I ordered their speciality of the day, lamb and I have never tasted such a tender meat as in this restaurant. I could not ask for a dessert because I was full but mu colleague order cheesecake and I tried it, amazing! On the top of that, the music was beautiful and sticked to the moment.

1  Thank Acalixto

Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your experience/ meal at with us. The staff at Fantails look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Many thanks once again!

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food , environment and the staff are superb ... try the haggis for starters....it’s a heartbreaker.

Date of visit: March 2018
fantails, Manager at Fantails Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your evening with us here at Fantails. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

I was really looking forward to a night out at Fantails restaurant,but what a huge let down,slow rude service and poor quality food,I wouldnt recomend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: February 2018
5  Thank Mike D
fantails, Owner at Fantails Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

We are terribly sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us here at fantails. Feedback like yours is very rare, and your points will be taken into consideration and discussed.