1,236 results
All reviews conservatory restaurant leisure centre leisure club pretty village steam room lovely village main restaurant wedding party wedding reception executive room the pub sunday lunch evening meal waltons bar return visit railway station lamb
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent a few days away from our business,travelling from Walesnupbto Scotland breaking our journey each night.The Crown was a one night stay,it has a nice ambiance and we enjoyed the view from our balcony,a good night's sleep and a lovely breakfast with excellentbservuce.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jewelscrown, General Manager at Crown Wetheral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overnight stay.

On behalf of myself and my teams, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose this hotel as it was a suitable place to break our journey to Scotland and we are so pleased that we did! The hotel was larger than we anticipated, situated in a picturesque village which was surprisingly easy to find. Our room on the first floor was clean, spacious and just what we needed. Tea/coffee in room plus bathroom toiletries. The breakfast was lovely, served at our table and very tasty. My husband spent a short time in the gym but we didn't have time or energy for swimming etc. The gardens were very attractive and there is a very large car park.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, we will return on future visits to Scotland. Very good value for money.

Stayed: September 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and hospitality. I have cascaded your positive comments onto my staff.

On behalf of myself and my teams, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for one night (Friday) on a trip to Scotland and so glad we picked this Hotel.
Brilliant location in a small picturesque village a couple of miles off the M6.
Check in was quick and pleasant and our room was a delight with a large 4 poster bed and a view over the lovely surrounding countryside (room 204).
We booked dinner in the bar downstairs and both my wife and I was were very impressed with the high standard of food and the large choice on offer. This, coupled with the choice of real ales and large variety of gins, made for a really enjoyable evening topped off with the really comfortable bed.
We had booked the full English breakfast which was accompanied by a large selection of cereals, cheeses, cold meats and fruit juices along with toast and coffee.
Check out was quick and easy.
We will definitely return to this Hotel.
Thank You CHW.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your highly praised review. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I have passed your positive comments onto my teams.

On behalf of myself and my staff, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our fifth visit and as always the hotel, staff and food were spot on. We have recommended this hotel to many friends, those who have visited have been more than satisfied.We shall visit again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your positive words, we are delighted to read that once again you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities. On behalf of myself and my teams, we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty. Its always a delight to welcome our repeat guests back to the hotel.

We do look forward to the opportunity of seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff very friendly and helpful rooms clean and tidy food good and very handy to the railway station cant ask for any more very central to the lake district and railway station we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to read that you have enjoyed our facilities and hospitality. I have passed your positive comments onto my teams.

On behalf of myself and my staff, we would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel as your desired destination and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.