Review Highlights
Evening meal

We ate here while staying at the premises. There was a table automatically booked for us on the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
angelawZ6173ET
via mobile
Relaxing bar meal

We had a relaxing dinner in a dog friendly atmosphere. Menu is available on line, mains ranging... read more

Reviewed October 30, 2018
JonathanW480
Burlington, Vermont
via mobile

All reviews specials board sunday roast choice of food baguette great pub food mains
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed two meals this weekend. Easter menu I thought was very well priced for the quality of food, excellent! Menu on Saturday night also very nice, good specials board. Staff great. Service good. Nice cider and plenty of ales. Thank you for your hospitality.

Date of experience: April 2018
Jewelscrown, Manager at Walton's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities, please be assured I have passed your positive comments onto my team.

On behalf of myself and the team, I would like to thank you for choosing to visit the Crown Hotel, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

We popped in for a drink whilst staying in the hotel but decided to leave is it only has tabled and chairs, no where comfy to sit and enjoy a drink. They do however struggle to serve a good pint, it goes so flat and loses its head very quickly. I have tried all 3 of the hand pilled pints but cant drink anymore. We do however love their large selection of gins and choice of quality premium tonics.

Date of experience: January 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. Please be assured I have taken on board your comments and have cascaded them to the team.
On behalf of myself and the team, I would like to thank you for choosing to crown hotel, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

I loved the hotel but felt the food was overrated.

Looking at the menus between the restaurant and the bar, and the similarities, I chose the bar as I was on my own, so a less formal setting.
Staff were lovely and seated me in a packed bar.

I selected Glazed Goat's Cheese with Orange segments and a balsamic vinegarette. The goat's cheese was pleasant enough but there was not an orange segment in sight.

I then selected the Crab and Crayfish Risotto with lemon rocket, peas and crème fraiche. I found it to be bland and insipid with no sign of crab and no lemon in the rocket.
The waitress was kind enough to change my main course for fish and chips when she saw I had not eaten the risotto, which was acceptable. My advice to any chef is not to advertise ingredients if you are not going to use them! The missing citrus elements would have lifted both dishes and had I known they were not present, I would have selected other dishes. The upside is that the prices are very reasonable.

Date of experience: March 2017

Good Afternoon,

On behalf of myself and the team, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

We occasionally pop in to Waltons for a drink at the weekend and usually find it is comfortably casual and the staff are always friendly.
On our recent visit, for a birthday meal, we were presented with excellent service and tasty pub food. We ordered a couple of meals off the new evening menu, and a few off the specials board - all were delicious and very reasonably priced.
Dont forget to book as it can get busy!

Date of experience: November 2017

Good Afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our hospitality and facilities, please be assured I have passed your positive comments onto my team.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

I had a meal and a pint in the bar, a good choice of food and drink, they allow dogs in the bar and I believe they have a number of dog friendly rooms so should be good for my next trip with the wife and dog

Date of experience: October 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Walton's Bar I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our hospitality.

On behalf of myself and the team, I would like to thank you for choosing the Crown Hotel, and we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the near future.