“Great tasting menu”

Ranked #7 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Modern methods, touched by tradition, bring the purest local ingredients to life in a harmony of taste and tone. The kitchen is the centre of our creation, bringing together the classic and the modern to craft the tastes of today. Our restaurant is warm, relaxed and welcoming.
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Fantastic service and the tasting menu is a great way of discovering all that this restaurant offers. Highlight for us was an exceptional lamb dish. Dessert was perhaps the least impressive part of the meal. However, a warm welcome, attentive service and some genuinely memorable food make this a worthwhile visit

There are newer reviews for The Global Village

Reviewed 10 June 2015

The cuisine was excellent, the optional 2 to 3 course was of great value and allowed for exploration of various foods. Anthony was our primary server, however all were attentive and polite.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

The menu on the Internet and the menu and prices in the restaurant did not match. I ordered 2 starters which were very small servings. One had beetroot textures as description and there were 3 red drops on the plate with 3 1/2 inch cubes. The goat cheese was more like 3 small dollops of whipped cream with very little cheese flavour. When the waiter brought it he said to me is that going to be enough for you. My friend also ordered 2 starters and she was charged for a full meal for 3 scallops. The waiter was not receptive to make any changes and she had to talk to the manager to have the bill corrected. Although the food we got was flavourful the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. DLS

1  Thank DLS7
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is one of my favourites in Dingle. I always try to make time to go here if I'm in Dingle. The food is fantastic, great wine list and attentive service - my partner has a number of food allergies and the staff accommodated them in a really helpful way without making him feel like a problem.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

The food was good but expensive; we were still full from lunch and ordered salads and one entre to share. I told the waitress this when we ordered and when the food arrived, it seemed like a lot, and I asked again, was she sure this was only one entre - and she said it was. We were surprised (unpleasantly) when the bill arrived and we were charged for two separate entres, one of which we did not even order (the entre was a fish dish, with shrimp and scallops on top - I told them that I was allergic to shellfish, but to put the shellfish on the side for wife to have - the bill was for two entres - one fish and one shrimp - perhaps it was miscommunication, but we left with bad feelings and cannot recommend it.