“New Years Eve wonderful tasting menu!”
Review of The Global Village

The Global Village
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Modern methods, touched by tradition, bring the purest local ingredients to life in a harmony of taste and tone. The kitchen is the centre of our creation, bringing together the classic and the modern to craft the tastes of today. Our restaurant is warm, relaxed and welcoming.
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were really looking forward to the tasting menu at the Global Village and we certainly weren’t disappointed. Every course was delicious, particularly the duck, monkfish and scallops. I don’t eat lamb but I even enjoyed the lamb course! The service was great and I really liked the way the chef came out at the end to ask us if we enjoyed our food. One tiny thing was that our table was situated right next to the front door and it was a breezy night but other than that it was a great culinary experience.
This restaurant is definitely worth the visit, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

We visited Global Village on their last night open before Christmas and we enjoyed a great meal. We were told that the menu was a bit limited that night but we had a lovely selection of starters and main courses to choose from. The food was excellent and the service was efficient and pleasant.
We would recommend Global Village highly!

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Castlewood House recommended this restaurant, and the food and service were excellent. The menu was varied and had many choices, and the food amount and presentation were perfect. The dessert was very good, and the staff were very attentive and kind. They also were knowledgeable about the area and local music and events. Would eat there often if we lived in Dingle.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

A bitterly disappointing meal.
The black pudding & scallop starter was tiny, only 1 small cube of pudding, and the scallop was overcooked.
The waiting staff seem to be taken aback when we ordered one glass of wine, and one cider. Why???
The restaurant, although busy, was freezing! I was sitting down the back near the kitchen and had to put on my coat for most of the meal.
Now the big No-No ....the hake was extremely bland. I never use salt/pepper on my food, but had to douse the whole dish to taste anything. Although, I have to say 2 slices of chorizo were a redeeming factor.
I left hungry...after spending €100 on a dinner.
Waiting staff seemed uninterested and made no positive impact.
It is rare I give such an extreme review....but it is rare I am so disappointed by food.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Restaurant was busy but as we had booked the table was available immediately.
The service was friendly and efficient.