“Honeymoon ”

Ashe's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 78 Restaurants in Dingle
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ashe's Bar & Seafood Restauarant, is owned & run by Thomas Ashe & Sinead Roche. The bar has been in the Ashe family for over 165 years. Using local fresh ingredients, Seafood & Lobster a speciality, we have created a menu to suit all appetites & price ranges. We serve lunch daily 12-3pm, & Dinner nightly 5.30-9.30. We offer a keenly priced early-bird menu, a kid's menu & an extensive a la carte. An Extensive wine list & local hand crafted beer, along with a full bar is also available. A must is our famous seafood chowder mentioned in many guide books, incl, Rick steve's, lonely planet, formmers to mention a few.
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Came to ashes at 630 on a Friday and they were able to seat us without a reservation within 20 minutes which was greatly appreciated. As we sat at the bar the make bartender made us a sub par martini and my wife had a glass of wine. My wife and I both agreed that the bartender was very snobby, arrogant and somewhat rude. As for dinner it was absolutely delicious. The lobster was the best I've ever had and my wife loved the crab appetizer. The dinner wait staff was very attentive which made for a romantic and pleasant meal. I recommend checking this place out but maybe skip the bar if possible.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Have to say what an experienced; frim start to finish excellent,staff were outstanding overall exquisite food..

Reviewed August 23, 2016

A wonderful restaurant right on the main street in Dingle. Fresh bread, wonderfully prepared food and a wide selection of beer made for a great meal. The service was attentive and the atmosphere cozy and all in all a great place to eat.

2  Thank PeteZebra
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

The food was great, the company convivial . It was my husband's birthday and they brought out a candle with dessert, plus some brandy ! And, best of all I got to sit in the same seat once sat on by Gregory Peck!

2  Thank BoldlyGO
Reviewed August 22, 2016

I absolutely loved Ashe's Bar and Restaurant. What a treat my partner and I had. We were drawn in here after meeting some fellow travelers who advised us not to leave Dingle without going here. It is a small cozy restaurant with a lovely and warm decor. The very best of local food prepared and presented with a panache rarely seen. Our servers, Darragh and Leah were such a delight, extremely attentive and gave us great recommendations. This place is a credit to Dingle. Keep up the good work. A+

3  Thank MaryO2654