“Charming Place!”

Ashe's Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ashe's Bar & Seafood Restauarant, is owned & run by Thomas Ashe & Sinead Roche. The bar has been in the Ashe family for over 165 years. Using local fresh ingredients, Seafood & Lobster a speciality, we have created a menu to suit all appetites & price ranges. We serve lunch daily 12-3pm, & Dinner nightly 5.30-9.30. We offer a keenly priced early-bird menu, a kid's menu & an extensive a la carte. An Extensive wine list & local hand crafted beer, along with a full bar is also available. A must is our famous seafood chowder mentioned in many guide books, incl, Rick steve's, lonely planet, formmers to mention a few.
Reviewed 21 June 2017

In high season, you definitely should reserve for dinner, as it's small, but well worth the effort! The service was absolutely wonderful--such funny and engaging people! The food was delicious and all locally caught/fresh. The hake special was in an incredible butter sauce that melted in your mouth. I had the freshly caught lobster and we also sampled the mussels, which were yummy. Prices were reasonable and it was a great atmosphere to end the day.

1  Thank Missy A
There are newer reviews for Ashe's Seafood Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 17 June 2017

They were kind enough to find a seat although we did not have a reservation and the place was busy- for a good reason Excellent food and wine. Good service with pub atmosphere and high quality restaurant food. We had mussels and seafood-very good.

2  Thank Pamela D
Reviewed 15 June 2017

My friend and I both had the fish and chips which were some of the best I've had in Ireland...and I've had them all over the country! Most importantly, my friend's 17 month old was served immediately as requested. The server was attentive, and even helped me to soothe the child who cried when his mother left the table briefly by bringing over a book. We finished our meal with a cappuccino which was creamy and just as good as one you'd get in Italy. I highly recommend you wander away from the harbor area up the street and try this restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Liz C
Reviewed 14 June 2017

We arrived in Dingle on a blustery Saturday afternoon and were searching for an out-of-the-way place for a late luncheon. We found Ashe's and it fit what we were looking for perfectly. We ate in the bar area. I ordered fish and chips and wife had the crab and mango salad; both were excellent and hit the spot. The service was quick and friendly while the ambience was that of a friendly bar. Food prices in Dingle, a seaside resort town, are higher than we experience in Kilkenny, our previous stop; hence, Ashe's (nor any other place in Dingle) rates high on value. Our entrees plus a Smithwick's pale ale was more than 30 Euros. Still, no complaints. I would return to Ashe's and would definitely order the fish and chips again.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Delicious food. Quirky decor. Definitely recommend the Pecan Crusted Hake. Service was faultless. Highly recommended.

2  Thank SarahEP2014