“Nothings changed - thankfully!”
Review of An Cafe Liteartha

An Cafe Liteartha
Ranked #50 of 76 Restaurants in Dingle
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Still as fantastic as it was 25+ years ago.
Exceptionally friendly and helpful young man/staff.
Delicious homemade soup.

There are newer reviews for An Cafe Liteartha

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

I stumbled across a lovely evening here lastnight, Thursday 09/06/2016 an evening of poems, songs, story telling, party pieces and tunes all 'as gaeilge' but don't worry if you haven't got much Irish like me, you will still be made very welcome but be warned you will be asked if you would like to sing, play or tell a story or something, 'no pressure' she said as she laughed, I played 2 jigs on a guitar someone gave me a loan of. I enjoed the night and think it's a great idea. Thete's tea and coffee available from the cafe and some of the group brought some tasty looking treats!

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Wall to wall books, from new releases to the obscure, it's definitely worth a pop-in if you're looking for something to read.

2  Thank Shawn F
Reviewed 28 September 2015

You could spend hours in this lovely bookshop. The cafe wasn't opened on the day of my visit but I didn't mind as my intention was to buy a few good books to take home. I wasn't disappointed.

1  Thank Nano55
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This has been one of my favorite spots on my three week trip to Dingle. Marie is one of the sweetest people I have ever met, and she knows to put on a pot of coffee when I come in, and always recommends books to read during my visit. She speaks fluent French and English, and wonderful Irish (and has helped me in my learning). The books are mostly dedicated to Irish history, language, and culture, and Marie knows her inventory well.

If you are looking for a boutique restaurant or coffee house, this is not your place. The cafe in the back serves scones, brewed coffee, and simple sandwiches. It is quaint, quiet, and peaceful. The scones are wonderful, the coffee is great, and the owner is lovely. Definitely pay Marie a visit and get to know her if you have the time.

3  Thank Anna S