“Lovely B&B and fantastic view!”
Review of Ballinvounig House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dingle
Ballinvounig House
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Dingle
San Diego, California
“Lovely B&B and fantastic view!”
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed two nights at the Ballinvounig House in Dingle. There were 5 of us and we stayed in 3 rooms. We were all very pleased with our stay there.The hostess was very helpful and friendly. She went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable, and even drove me into town. The breakfast was very good. The rooms facing the beautiful Dingle countryside were bright, pleasant and roomy. My husband and I had a room with one double and one single bed. The view from our room, and the dining room was breathtaking. It overlooked miles of rolling green countryside. The Ballinvounig was everything I expected from a B&B in Ireland. I will go back someday!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Folsom, CA
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We traveled with friends and had read no reviews of Ballinvounig House because we hadn't planned to stay there. However, things don't always go as planned and our previous hostess arranged for us to stay at Ballinvounig - it was a wonderful experience. We had lovely rooms with beautiful views and a great breakfast. Brid was charming, helpful, and funny. The house was farther from Dingle center than we thought we wanted, but in the end we really appreciated the quiet, and it actually only took a few minutes to drive into the village.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I happened to notice this establishment on TripAdvisor while browsing for this year's holiday accommodation. I wish I'd been using TripAdvisor when I stayed there some years ago. Travelling with my mother and two small children, we had booked in for three nights but only stayed for one as she asked us to leave the next morning, complaining about noise - that people were there for a quiet weekend. My children were lively early risers, but I did my best and she does advertise family rooms! I would consider us to be a polite, nice mannered bunch! I was so appalled at her attitude I cried and have not been back to Dingle since! In actual fact, when my mother was trying to rest after our long journey, the proprietor's children were making enough noise to wake the dead and prevented us from getting any sleep!
We had to move on and find other accommodation. We eventually settled in Glenbeigh, where I explained that I apparently had the noisiest most badly behaved children on the face of the planet!! They were amazed at the way we'd been treated, we spent a lovely two nights there and there were no complaints whatsoever! The proprietor felt that either you market as a quiet retreat or you market as family friendly - difficult to do both in a place this size. I did complain to the tourist body whose sign this place displays, and the tourist office in Dingle, but got no reply. Avoid!!

Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
15 Thank MichInTipp
west hartford, ct
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Ballinvounig House is a lovely b&b conveniently located near the town center in Dingle. The room for our family of four was clean and nicely decorated with a beautiful view of the Irish countryside. Our hostess, Brid, was friendly, helpful with whatever we needed, and served a delicious breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed our two nights here and would highly recommend it to others!

• Liked — the clean, comfortable rooms, the views, the friendliness/helpfulness of the owner
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank luvtotravel85
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2008

We stayed at Ballinvounig House both nights we were in Dingle and loved it. The house is comfortable and large, as was our room, and both had a beautiful view of the expansive green valley. The house and room are very clean. It is a very easy 4-minute drive into Dingle. Breakfasts were wonderful and Brid is most helpful, accommodating and a charming hostess. We loved chatting with her (she has a marvelous sense of humor)after our breakfasts and she made us feel genuinely welcome in Ireland and in Dingle. We would stay here again in a moment. We were sorry to leave but eager to explore our next stop in Ireland.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Aussie living in London
Reviewed 22 September 2007

We cycled around the Dingle Peninsula in July, and originally planned to stay 2 nights in Dingle but we ended up staying an extra night because we loved the town; we loved Ballinvounig (the house) and Brid (the proprieter) looked after us SO well.

Ballingvounig is a small distance out of town - perhaps a 15 minute walk from the centre. It's an easy walk but after spending the day on the bike it was a real treat when Brid and her husband offered to drop us into town and pick us up again.

The rooms are very large, the views are great, and our bed was incredibly comfortable. There was a good choice of breakfasts and Brid is great fun. We thoroughly recommend Ballinvounig.

• Liked — Large room and friendly service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank waggacaro
TheCyantist
Reviewed 25 June 2007

I can't say enough wonderful things about this B&B. The service was amazing, the views from our room were spectacular, and the breakfast was scrumptious.

My husband and I were on a 1 year wedding anniversary trip and we booked this B&B on the fly and we lucked out. It was one of the best places we stayed in Ireland! Convienently located a short 4 minute drive from the town of Dingle, the hostess directed us to some of the local sites, options pricewise for dinner and was just so willing to do whatever she could for us. The room was simply decorated to allow for your eyes to focus on the amazing view from large window.

I can't say enough wonderful things. A definate must if your traveling the Dingle Penninsula and want to avoid staying right in town.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — NOTHING!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple