“Local Food and Friendly Faces”
Review of Fenton's Of Dingle

Fenton's Of Dingle
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2018

I've eaten at Fenton's of Dingle about 4-5 times. Each time the food has been delicious and the atmosphere perfect. The owner and chef Pat sources the best local ingredients from Dexter beef, to lobsters, and oysters. My latest meal there was a surf and turf which was "spot on" and just perfect. The decor is simple and cosy especially for dining but I've also eaten outside on the patio which is lovely when the weather permits.

Reviewed November 3, 2017

Had an amazing meal in Fenton's. We were in for the early bird dinner and it was delicious from start to finish. The blazing fire set the tone for the evening and was a lovely way to heat up from a walk into town. The staff was very friendly, helpful and efficient in their work. We were not waiting too long to order and the food was brought out shortly after. The ham terrine was lovely for starter and the steak for main course was absolutely delicious. We split a dessert as neither of us are huge dessert people but that was very tasty too. All in all, I'd highly recommend Fenton's as a place to eat and find the poor reviews baffling as we couldn't have had a better experience there but that's not for me to say. As the title says, it was the perfect way to start the winter!

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

As I've seen all vacation long, the people of Dingle are exceptionately friendly. No different in this very cosy and child friendly restaurant. I think I had the best steak in years and the wine was excellent as well. Definitely would go again.

Reviewed October 23, 2017

We enjoyed a beautiful meal in Fentons Dingle last Friday night, we were welcomed from a very wet night outside, to a table beside the open fire! Delicious bread was brought out, with pesto and olive tapenade, which we devoured! more bread and dips were offered to us after, and they werent trying to take the bread away when the starters came, a pet peeve of mine! Delicious thai crab cake for both of us, followed by delicious hake, and daube of beef which was tender and mouthwatering! The sweet potatoe puree accompaning the beef, was spectacular. there is a very talented chef working in this kitchen! Also the celery and leek and fennel side was full of flavour, I will be trying to recreate this, as it has converted me from a celery avoider! a selection of desserts were just right in size after the amazing meal, and full of flavour. Full marks to this restaurant, and lovely girls (from Dublin!!) front of house. Thank you, we will be back.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

We've visited this beautiful restaurant couple of times. This time with friends and family. Atmosphere was great, staff very friendly and efficient.
For a starter we tried mussels, ham hock terrine, roasted peppers soup and fish cakes all delicious. Not mention lovely bred and dips that was served before hand.
For main we all loaded on steaks there was few to choose I had hanger steak with chimichurri sauce which was divine. It is one of the best steaks I had in long time. Chips were great too. Others were also very happy with their choice Daube of Beef, Dexter steak and I think Lamb dish.
Some of us also managed to have dessert and they were delightful.
I highly recommend Fenton's, it is my place to go in Dingle for great food and atmosphere.