Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Emma N
Tralee, Ireland

Value for money has disappeared.

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 6, 2024via mobile
We have travelled to Dingle and to the Skellig regularly over the years and always been happy with our family breaks. It took us a while to get back down there so we haven’t been since Covid and while it is clear that the upgrades have been done to the rooms etc it looks relatively the same.
My gripe however is with the price and the room we were given, the room rate on the night in question was €280. This was for two adults and two children; we were told there would be two beds as they both sleep in their own beds and when we arrived there was a double, single and a camp bed in a relatively cramped space. I work in hospitality myself so I can assure you that the camp bed supplied would not pass the muster in our own offerings, it was missing springs and seemed to have a duvet in place of a mattress.
When I asked at reception why we hadn’t gotten a bed she told me it had all been outlined in an email sent to us. I accepted this as it was a fairly last min trip and I hadn’t checked my emails but when I later did look no such email existed. What got mé altogether though was at the time a colleague of hers asked me was I ok and I explained how I thought there would be two beds but there wasn’t and that they both had their routine, she gave me a what can only be described as look of disdain. Now don’t get me wrong, as a whole my experience of the Skellig staff is of complete professionalism but in this case no.
My final gripe is that we were in a room across from the ballroom and that day there was a wedding and the sound from the music was very loud. All in all I would say that value for money has gone out the window. In anyone’s terms, a 4* hotel sporting a cramped room and a less than acceptable camp bed is not value for money in my eyes anyway, the room was also uncomfortably hot and only for the presence of a fan we would have melted away.
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Vio.com
2.0 km from Dingle Skellig Hotel & Peninsula Spa
View more hotels in Dingle
2,307 results
All reviews kids club coastguard restaurant leisure centre the outdoor hot tub the general manager fantastic hotel bar food bit dated top class sea view out of this world graham creche wedding bay town ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2024

Location, Location, Location! We really enjoyed our two night stay at Dingle Skellig Hotel while on our road trip throughout Ireland. We were able to walk downtown in just a few minutes, which was very convenient after spending time in the many pubs that Dingle has to offer. We did have food at the restaurant in the hotel which was okay, but get out and experience the pubs if you have the opportunity! We did try to use the hot tub / pool area; however, it was full (only fits about 5-6 people). We found out that the offer memberships to use the pool and spa, so there are "outsiders" there. We didn't end up getting to use the spa at all, so if that is a determining factor for you, I would reconsider.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2024

I am very surprised this hotel has 4 stars, I assume this because it has a pool, no way in my opinion is it 4 star, the stair carpets are dirty, the
changing rooms for the pool reminiscent of a public pool and thechangingroom and are cold.The whole hotel needs updating with dreary
decor and carpets everywhere.
The bedrooms are OK although 2 bathroom tiles were cracked
( shabby )
Not impressed

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2024

We loved our stay.The newly refurbished rooms were amazing. The staff and service was top notch. And we had lovely breakfast. We would definitely stay again. Kids loved the pool. Special thank you to the reception staff for the allocation and warm welcome

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2024 via mobile

Myself and my Partner are just after leaving. This hotel is just amazing. When we arrived (early I might add) the gentleman on reception was very friendly and informative on where everything was and explained all the amenities of the hotel to us. We went for lunch and had the chicken burger. It was cooked to order and so juicy and tasty. Service from Nollaig was great. We booked a deluxe balcony suite and WOW it was just amazing. The view from the room was breathtaking. Weather wasn't great when we were there as it was the 1st of March and it didn't make one bit of difference to the view. To watch the Ocean was just so relaxing. The bed was so comfortable with loads of pillows. The cleanliness of the room was 5 star. There wasn't a speck of dust. The shower and bath were great and spacious. The room was quite with no disturbances at all. We had dinner included that evening and it there is no words to say how good it was. The Scallops and beetroot salad were so tasty the salad wasn't finished as it was so big. Mains we had the fillet steak and lamb shank. Both were so tender no need for a knife don't mind a steak knife. Desserts chocolate delice and the apple struesel weren't finished as we were just so full. The view of the bay again was amazing watching the boats in and out was lovly. The service from Gavin and Laura was great and very knowledgeable about the food and wine. Breakfast was lovly and so much choice.
Thank you so much for a great well needed night away. The staff are amazing nothing was too much. The cleanliness of all the hotel was very impressive.
Looking forward to returning.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2024

The hotel was a short walk from Dingle town. It was clean and comfortable, and fairly modern. The room was good and the views were very nice. We walked into town several times. The spa was undergoing some type of maintenance when we were there, so I can't comment on that.

Date of stay: September 2023