“Must do dining experience in Dingle!”
Review of Idas Restaurant

Idas Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Dingle
Cuisines: French, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Innovative, modern Irish cuisine with a keen eye for presentation in heart of Dingle town. Recommended in the Michelin Guide, Top 100 restaurants in Ireland, and top chefs to watch for 2015 by McKenna's Guides. Follow the journey at idasdingle on Instagram.
Reviewed 26 April 2017

It is only a matter of time before this restaurant gets awarded a Michelin star(s). We booked this restaurant on our last night during a three night stay in Dingle and only wish we had booked it first so we could have gone more than once! We did the tasting menu with wine pairing. Each wine was explained by Killarney born sommelier David and the accompanying dish was introduced by head chef Kevin or another one of the amazing chefs. We didn't want the evening to end so when the meal was done we moved upstairs for a cheese tasting. The food + overall experience makes Idas uniquely exceptional. During our stay, we did dine at a couple of the other top rated Dingle restaurants but this was by far our favourite. This meal has moved to the top spot in our all time dining experiences.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We travelled from Dublin to Dingle for one night to eat at Idas. My third time to eat here and it did not disappoint. This was my first time to have the tasting menu and it was sensational. The quality of the food, service and knowledge of the staff made for an unforgettable meal. It was definitely worth the trip!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I finally visited this restaurant and what a visit it was.The food was outstanding & the service was excellent .It is an experience not to forget with the head chef coming to the table explaining what you were about to delve into.To say the man is humble would be an understatement! Every member of staff I encountered were dedicated & committed to what they were doing. The restaurant has a wonderful relaxed atmosphere which you immediately feel comfortable in.I personally had the tasting menu beginning with Foraged sea broth of land and sea & Glenbeigh oyster.I said....'this is my favourite' after every course. This is a must on your visit to Dingle, I drove from Dublin to check it out and I would do it again in a heartbeat. AMAZING.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to Idas for her 50th and it did not disappoint. My wife is a vegetarian (no meat or fish) but they quickly adapted the tasting menu and we had a superb meal. David - the front of house and Sommelier was great and enthusiastic (and showed me how to make a fantastic and potent Irish coffee) and the whole evening was brilliant. The team here seem to be pitching for a Michelin star and on this showing it can only be a case of when not if. Ian and Amanda

Reviewed 26 March 2017

An absolute gem in Dingle! Every dish was incredible- from the locally foraged herbs, to the cod, oyster, lamb, incredible dessert and petit fours that almost pushed us over the edge. Fabulous staff, super interactive and knowledgable explaining each dish to perfection. The dingle gin jelly was incredible too! A fabulous find that is a must for anyone visiting if you are lucky enough to get yourself a table!

1  Thank KarKar88