“OK hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Healy's Restaurant and Fishing Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxford
Healy's Restaurant and Fishing Lodge
UK
“OK hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2007

I booked the hotel as it was in the kind of location I wanted to stay. Then I read the review of this hotel by a previous guest and I wondered what I let myself in for. The truth is that I found it OK, Staff was fine, restaurant ok, dinner and breakfast, no complaints. I do agree with the noise, but it was not that bad. I stayed also on the first floor, but I slept fine, although there were gurgling and zooming noises. the truth is that the Travelodge on the M4 is more quet than this hotel in the middle of nowhere. I probably won't come again, but I can imagine woorse places.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank John071

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2007

When we arrived and checked in, the in-room guest services book mentioned that there was no soundproofing and that we may hear some sounds from outside the room. They were not joking!!

As our room (102) was at the top of the stairs, we heard every single person coming and going and every conversation as if it was in our room. There was absolutely no privacy, we could hear every movement of the people in the room next to us. At 8am when people started going for breakfast we had no chance of a lie-in because of the noise of people coming and going.

The kitchen was right at the bottom of the stairs, about 5 metres from our door. The kitchen door is open all the time (in fact I don't think they have a door) so you can hear all the noise from the kitchen right up until 11pm when they finally finished cleaning up after the restaurant closed.

A weird thing too was that when we arrived they said check-in time was 4pm. I have never heard of such a late check-in. Check out is 12pm, does it really take 4 hours to clean 14 rooms? As we were attending a local wedding at 2pm, we were a bit stuck. Luckily our room was ready before 2pm so we had time to get ready. Just be aware of this if you are in Pontoon for a wedding.

One of our party stayed in room 115, a single room in Healys. The water pump for the hotel showers is directly behind the headboard, so she was woken up at 7am by a loud pump inches from her head. Upon complaining we were basically told 'tough luck'!

The staff at Healys are unfriendly and unhelpful. We were never asked how we were, how was our stay, in fact nobody even said hello to us. When we checked out, the bill was slapped on the counter and there was not so much as a thank you, or please come again.

Other guests at the wedding stayed at local B&Bs and we should have done the same. Healys is a poor hotel, it is not up to B&B standard, and definitely not worth the rates they charge. We will not be back.

• Liked — The location is fantastic, Pontoon is a beautiful place
  • Disliked — No soundproofing, terrible value for money and the chips on the shoulders of staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank robbie1876
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxford
8.3 km away
4.0 km away
Foxford Lodge
Foxford Lodge
#1 of 6 in Foxford

Been to Healy's Restaurant and Fishing Lodge? Share your experiences!