“The Best B&B or Hotel we have found in Ballina or surrounding area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballina
Red River Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 19 Ballina B&B and Inns
Ballina, Ireland
“The Best B&B or Hotel we have found in Ballina or surrounding area”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I have booked B&B's, hotels and self catering cottages, in the Ballina area, every year (or more) since moving here in 1995 for friends and family to visit.

Red River Lodge is, by a far mile the best of these we have tried in that time. From the initial booking to arrival and departure Red River offered the height of service, comfort and cleanliness. The setting and quietness just adds to this truly fabulous place.

We will be booking more family in friends here in the future without a second thought and I strongly urge you to book here, if you are visiting Enniscrone, Ballina or nearby areas .

Room Tip: All rooms are superb.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen085

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Delores was a fantastic host. The accommadation was excellent with breathtaking views over the river Moy. Our room was quiet, spacious, clean and value for money. Dinning in the conservatary was a bonus - looking out over the immaculate garden.
Could not fault anything here and was the best b&b we stayed at.
Delores gave us plenty of useful information on places to visit and eat. We believe she is a very good ambassodor for Ireland.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrissieKevin
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 2 November 2010

Upon arrival we were graciously greeted by Delores who showed us to a lovely room with a beautiful view of the river. Coffee and tea-making are available in an area of the foyer for the convenience of the traveller. There is also a lounge area with computer access for those who would like to gather and chat. A delicious breakfast was served in a charming sunroom by Delores. As wonderful as all of this was, the real gem of the stay is Delores herself. Her knowledge of the area and it's history was definately a highlight. We were so sorry our stay was only one night. As we continued our trip we followed her recommendations to visit certain sites and are very glad we did. Another trip to Ireland would certainly bring us to her door.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank manassasmeanderer
Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I agree with a previous reviewer that it would be difficult to find anything to criticize! My mother and I stayed one night in September at Red River Lodge and were 100% pleased with our stay. Our room, a twin room overlooking the estuary, was comfortable, spacious, and beautifully decorated. The sunroom, where breakfast is served, is a lovely bright room that starts a day perfectly even before the delicious food arrives. Our fellow guests were there for a wedding and were, I understand, quite late arriving home that night, but we didn't hear a thing. Dolores was warm and friendly when we arrived, and we thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with her then and the following morning. I would readily recommend Red River Lodge to anyone travelling in Ireland, and hope to stay there again myself.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Evidently you could hear what was happening in the other rooms. Around 10pm at night gentlemen came to our room and asked that we not walk so hard on the floors. I still have not figured out what all that was about. The lady of the house was not very friendly and didn’t have much to say. The rooms were clean. Breakfast was nothing to brag about.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
MoyView, Manager at Red River Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
I am sorry my guests from Tennessee thought I was not very friendly. They came to Ballina in order to view the ruin of an old castle in Enniscrone. On arrival I spent some time talking to them and gave them information and directions to the ruin. I also promised to send them some additional material on the ruin when I closed down for the season. I greeted these nice people in the same friendly way I greet all my other guests. Normally I keep family parties together, however, on this occasion I gave them two rooms upstairs with panoramic views of the Estuary. Unfortunately, a glitch did occur at around 11.30 p.m. when another guest in the room directly beneath complained of excessive noise coming from the Tennessee room. This person complained of noise akin to moving furniture around. As I had retired for the night my husband politely asked the Tennessee guests to keep the noise down which they kindly did. Next morning I greeted the Tennessee party as I always do and had a conversation with one of the ladies before she departed. She showed me some photographs of her beautiful grandchildren. She was very friendly and I got no indication that she was annoyed in any way. I do take issue, however, with “noisy rooms” as the guest who complained was trying to get to sleep at that time and the only noise in the house was coming from the Tennessee room above. That aside, I thank the Tennessee party for their other kind comments in their review.

Dolores.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Had such a wonderful stay with Dolores. An absolutely perfect hostess. Facility is immaculate and the setting is perfect. Wish we had stayed longer. During our two week visit to western Ireland, we stayed at three B & Bs. Red River was head and shoulders above the rest.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulKD
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Having been disappointed by some of our B & B experiences in Ireland we were delightfully surprised by Red River which was our favorite B & B in Ireland! This was a perfect experience in every way from the gracious & warm hostess to the quiet location & amazing view to the well manicured gardens & the sweet breakfast room with a wonderful breakfast. We echo the reviews of others about Dolores's attention to detail in decor & food service & the spotless cleanliness of this most welcoming B & B. We would love to stay here again someday!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ontheroadagain006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballina
8.1 km away
7.1 km away
Waterfront House
Waterfront House
#1 of 3 in Enniscrone

Been to Red River Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!