Fitzgerald's Hotel(Bundoran)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$125
Homefield Rock Hostel(Bundoran)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$145
Bundoran Surf Company Surf Lodge(Bundoran)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cosy Joes Lodge(Bundoran)(Great Value!)
US$42
Zephyr Lodge(Bundoran)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$125
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
1,133 results
All reviewsgolf courseleisure centreold worldold stylebrian mceniffporridgepublic areassea viewlovely roomevening mealkids clubboth nightsgreat weekendfrom start to finishmy motherfamily roomcouldn't do enough
Reviewed July 2, 2018

For such a large Hotel I was disappointed with various aspects of it. My room had no bulb in the bathroom,the TV remote would not work and my room on the ground floor with a large floor to ceiling window was clearly in view of a golf tee within a few yards which meant keeping the curtain closed. On opening them at one point a man walked causally by within inches of the window.! I left an item of clothing behind and rang the next day. My name and phone number were noted and I am still waiting a reply 5 days later.!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank geraldinelynncronin
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in the process of being refurbished.. Our room on the first floor was nice comfortable and clean.. No air conditioning.. But to be fair it isn't usually needed in ireland. But on this occasion it was extremely hot.. The room was stifling.. I asked reception if they had a fan we could use.. They do not supply fans but we survived.. The bathroom was refurbished and clean but the shower control was so stiff to turn on and off my husband had to do it for me each time I wanted to use the shower. The food was nice. The staff are hard working and friendly. The swimming pool saunas and jacuzzi area needs refurbished.. Or at least given a deep clean. But it is a very busy place so it will probably have to be done out of season. I done something I never usually do... I used the residents hairdressers.. Siren.. I have to say that it was the best hair colour treatment I have ever had.. What a rare treat to find a hairdresser that listens to her customers and actually does what they want. I love my hair. You are a first class hairdresser. Thank you. If I need to stay at the hotel again I shall definitely be using the hairdresser. And I'm looking forward to seeing the completed refurb.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Alfiemoon795
Reviewed June 27, 2018

My wife and myself spent two nights in the Great Northern in Bundoran. It was two of the best days I had in a long time, from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. On arrival were met with Amanda at the reception she treated us as if she was a life long friend, never before have we met someone so professional and caring, it was the perfect start to a couple of great days.
The food the hygiene and all the staff were great can't wait to return.
I will rave about this great Hotel for many years to come, thanks again to all and to Amanda.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rory M
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the Great Northern when we attended a wedding recently. The staff were very friendly and attentive offering a great service. The food was delicious and the atmospheres throughout the hotel on both days was relaxing and welcoming.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank NimpFH
Reviewed June 22, 2018

I stay here so often that I am running out of corny titles to give the reviews but, as I stayed here for eleven nights, and the hotel is beside the Atlantic Ocean, then ...

Much renovation has been done since January of 2018 - plush new carpeting on the upper floors, nicely chosen decor up there with a pleasant match of the red carpet with the pastel walls - warm but not too much at all. Gym has been done up with new springy flooring.

This is a great place to wind down because the whole tone of the hotel and Bundoran itself is very easy going and laid-back. The Great Northern Hotel has a very high standard of hygiene because in all the years that I have been coming I have never once had an upset stomach or had any bad reaction to the food. Walk up and down the place and see how spotless the whole building is - not a speck of dust to be seen.

Breakfast is freshly cooked (not aul rubbery joke shop eggs under hot lights etc) and there's a very nice bar menu all day. Hotel makes every effort to accommodate special requests for customers re. meals.

Great team of staff, great attitude. My parents enjoy coming here with me as well.

Interesting point - very few other hotels have as many ground floor rooms as this. This is a major attraction to those of reduced mobility.

As always, strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Northern rooms face golf course, southern face ocean
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo