“Average Hotel”

Grand Central Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Bundoran
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed here last weekend for my birthday. Checked in at 3pm so the room was ready. Checkin staff member whose name I think was Padraig was very nice and pleasant and told us about a special prommotion goingon in the town that night. Room was clean and fresh and a small sea view. Slept well that night however my husband founf it a bit noisy as he could hear people coming in quite late but it was a saturday night so that didnt bother me...wellIdidnt hear it anyways!! Shower was excellent..great power and the shower gel was nice..No shampoo and conditioner but Id brought my own anyways. Loads of nice clean towels which was good.. Breakfast however wasnt great if Im honest. What can I say other than it just wasnt tasty. I could tell that the product being cooked was cheap. Your getting a cheap deal staying here but if i had the option to stay again Id stay roomonly and go out for breakfast somewhere else.. Overall you get what you pay for...room was great for an overnight stay..comfortable and clean...jut the breakfast that let the hotel down..

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View or one away from the street so you wont be botheres about the noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grand Central Hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I will never set foot in this hotel again. I should have known from when I initially rang to check out their facilities, they were quoting 40 euro more than what was coming up on their website. We had booked for 2 nights B & B however they also charged extra for breakfast for my 5 yr old daughter even though she didn't have any. I have stayed in a lot of hotels on family breaks and have never been charged for a kids breakfast when the child didn't have any, these guys make it up as they go along. My advice would be to steer clear, however if you have no choice make sure you know exactly what you are being charged for. Breakfast was poor, shower stuck on boiling hot so I couldn't stand under it. Draft coming in our window which would be very cold during Winter. Male receptionist defensive and not great customer service skills. The only positive was that our waitress for dinner was so nice and very good at her job.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank RelaxinDonegal
ShielaMcGrath, Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Firstly as explained to you, the rate online was a room only rate. When you rang the hotel you chose a bed & breakfast package. You were also advised that children stay free of charge, paying for meals. On checkout the reservation agent you had booked with was on duty to speak with you regarding the agreed rate. A Child's full Irish Breakfast is only €5 per child but continental Breakfast is included in the rate (Tea/Toast/Cereal). Our Male Receptionist has had many compliments on his excellent customer service skills he previously trained many Hotel staff throughout Ireland in Customer Service. If you wish to discuss this further please contact us directly and we shall endeavour to assist you. Apologies for your stay not meeting your expectations, Kind Regards, Grand Central Hotel.

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed here for the Sea Sessions festival this year. It was also a friends stag weekend. Have to say I thought it was great. The festival was less than 5 minutes walk away, so you could head back to the hotel for food or a drink at any time if you wanted. The room was nice and clean. When you're used to going to festivals and sleeping in a tent this room seemed like heaven. There was about 20 of us on this stag and we are all in our mid thirties so it's not like we were going ape in the place or anything. But the staff we very accommodating to us even when some members of the party got "a bit excited" in the early hours. We ate in the bar every day and it was great. To be honest it was a great hotel for a lads weekend away but I would say that it might be a bit lively for families/elderly people. Oh and thanks to I think the girls name was Sonia for putting up with us for the weekend. See you next year!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2011

booked double room, the room was clean, struggled to get the window open, very very old, they could do with gettin some new ones in, re decorating rooms as it is very old school. The food in the bar was nice, but the roof had a leak we had to move tables as the was a constant drip coming through the ceiling. The staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough as regards making sure everything was okay. Nothing much to do in the place, no music so we went down the street to great lively bar.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

stayed here a while back and booked a family room , . The room we got was at the back of the hotel and had an adjoining room with 2 single beds the main room was very spacious and had a double bed at one end and a table and chairs and a settee , we also had a sea view the food served in the bar was very good and well priced to compete with all the other eating places in bundoran , would go back again only downside is they dont have a swimming pool but you can use the other hotels in the area for a small fee.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ohnnyjet
Reviewed 24 September 2011

just back from overnight stay at this hotel my partner an i travel to bundoran often we enjoy the buzz there an of course the slots. our first time staying this hotel an maybe our last, there are definately better locations an cheaper rooms. we arrived there at 5 got seen to ok staff at front desk was pleasent enough got our key an went to room, it was average not very spacious an the decor was dated kind of felt like i was staying at my grans. we ate at the resturant food was nice huge portions, but when we tried to go into the bar we were being asked to pay 20 euros each? because of a euro surf weekend that they were taking part in, bit ridiculos if u ask me seeing that we were residents in the hotel surely we were entitled to drink at the bar of the hotel we were staying at without having to pay extra fees for this luxury.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimmy f
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I write this review sitting in a very warm comfortable hotel room, Fortunately it's not the grand central hotel but the Raddison!!!!!! We got a groupon deal to stay for 3 nights at the grand central hotel, with our 10 week old and toddler, to find a COLD dated family room. We had to carry the pram up 3 different blocks of stairs ( all 5-10 steps) and down 2 in order to access our room which was shameful considering it was family accommodation!? we stayed the first night after layering up for bed and the next morning we headed for Sligo! I was disappointed because Bundoran has so much to offer in regards to the beach, amusements, dizzy dens, the farm and park etc but next time we'll not go by the pictures on a website which were clearly 10 years old but from word of mouth! I hope you find your experience a lot better I'd love to have liked it as I'm normally a positive individual. Staff however were very helpful & chatty!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundoran
0.3 km away
Sandhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
26.9 km away
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to Grand Central Hotel? Share your experiences!