Longueville House Hotel
US$95
US$107
HotelQuickly
Agoda.com
All reviewsdrawing roomapple brandywalled gardenroaring firetasting menuworking farmblackwater riverlambdining roomvegetable gardenhome grownafternoon teahamrolling countrysideoutstanding foodsteeped in historypublic rooms are
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Popped down for a short overnight stay as we felt in need of a bit of R&R. Must say made an excellent choice.
Only little hickup was they did not seem to know we were coming as there was no record of our booking, but this was quickly sorted out. Rooms are not ultra modern but warm cozy and with character. They are also as quiet as the grave and pitch black so a good nights sleep is a given.
The food is excellent with a very attentive but discrete service, delph and glass ware spotless. These guys are big into their apples, sort of a case of apples for everything but do try their homemade cider good stuff there I can say. Was not a big fan of their apple brandy though.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Our relatives from the United States stayed here with us for the June Bank Holiday Weekend. It was everything I had hoped it would be. The house itself is simply stunning, surrounded by wonderful grounds. Our meal was so memorable and the service was completely perfect. This is a great location from which to enjoy some of the best day trips one can make in the south of Ireland. Killarney is but an hour's drive away but there are many other very interesting places nearer by. It is also very suitable for a small wedding or simply a romantic weekend break. I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I traveled around Ireland for 11 days a couple years ago in the month of October. We love country house hotels so choose three. Longueville House in Mallow, just outside of Cork, was one of the most old world, wonderful, authentic country house hotels ever. Our room was spacious and luxurious. the bar was cozy and drinks substantial. Dinners were superb, prepared by the owner/ chef who is renowned in Ireland. We read in the hotel information in the room that one could take their dog, Minnie, for a walk on the grounds. there are more than 500 acres of the most charming and beautiful land, with sheep grazing just outside. We were given wellies to borrow, and so took the most wonderful dog, Minnie for a lively jaunt all around one day, chasing the sheep, exploring the charming vegetable walled garden where ducks were running around happily under the trees. This was one of most memorable days in Ireland or maybe anywhere. This was our first trip to Ireland and we would so love to return, yet it is a long way since we live on the west coast of California. After we left to drive around the Ring of Kerry and other areas, we were longing to return to Longueville House. I wrote a note to the owners who were very gracious, sitting talking with us one morning about their recommendations for the rest of our time in Ireland. Everything about this hotel was just authentic and unsurpassed.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bonavent
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed here a few weeks ago and I have to say it was the best country house experience I've had. The house is kept to a very high standard. We had a beautiful room, warm and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in.
Dinner was the highlight for me. The vegetables which they grow in their garden are the tastiest things I've ever eaten.

Highly recommended, we will definitely be back and soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Stayed here recently on a business trip with fellow Australians. We had the most wonderful time from start to finish. Service & attitude was amazing. I thought we did it well in Australia but was very impressed by how accommodating they were to us all. Perfect for doing business in Cork, conference etc. But I have to admit I missed having my other half with me as it's the most romantic setting. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway. Rooms & food are to die for. I managed to see quiet a few of my colleagues rooms and they were all equally individual & beautiful. Nothing like it's scenery, walks etc in Oz. Missing it's 'to die for breakfast' etc I have an Irish friend who works with me and she is seriously considering booking it for her wedding, lets hope she gets to book it as we will certainly all be traveling for that one!! Will come again..PS. the hotel organized a group trip for us to Skellig Island - (hope I spelt that correctly) highly recommend. Photos attached.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business