Tudor Lodge
US$236
Quality Hotel And Leisure Centre(Clonakilty)(Great Value!)
US$150
O'Donovan's Hotel(Clonakilty)
The Emmet Hotel(Clonakilty)
Celtic Ross Hotel(Rosscarbery)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed in Tudor Lodge for a weekend break with a few friends as I had always heard create reviews about this B &B. The location was ideal for us it was just a few minutes’ walk from the town but still far enough out of the town to have a peaceful stay. The B&B itself was really clean and provided us with a comfortable night’s sleep. The owner, a local lady, was able to provide us with expert advice on what to do during our short stay. The breakfast on both mornings was delicious and provided us with a taste of the famous clonakilty black pudding. Further to this, my friend has special dietary requirements which the owner was only too willing to cater for. I would go back and stay there again the next time I go to West Cork.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Weekender093
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I came to Clonakilty with the view of moving here, I stayed 3 nights in Tudor Lodge and found it comfortable and felt totally relaxed. On my arrival I got a warm welcome from the host and nothing was any bother. I was given addresses and directions to help me prepare for my move. My sister and I were served a lovely Irish breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed.I will be going back to stay there and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed in Tudor Lodge for 2 nights recently. Accommodation itself is fine,basic but clean. Breakfast was cooked for us on 1 of the mornings and can't say it was anything special. Not good quality food that was used.

The owner has to be the most nosy person I have ever come across, openly talking about the locals in the dining room in the morning with other guests. Extremely rude in my opinion and totally out of order when running a b & b. We were also locked out on 1 of the nights we stayed and it was then insinuated that it was our fault cos we couldn't manage to turn the key in the door! Ridiculous. We were contemplating not staying the 2nd night because of this.

Would not go back to Tudor Lodge again and can't recommend it to anyone. While we were in Clonakilty we came across alot of other places that we could have stayed and we were very sorry we didn't.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank PollyW1979
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I would just like to say that the owners were a bit strange and made us feel very uncomfortable. Can't really fault the accomodation or location.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank mrs9
Reviewed August 25, 2007

The bedrooms are spacious, and there is a coffee/tea maker in every room. The host is friendly and prepares excellent breakfasts each morning and gives helpful advice and tips on the surrounding areas. It is a quiet place, so if you are looking for a place where you can make a lot of noise, this is not your spot. However, if you are looking for a quiet and peaceful house, a great location ( 2minutes walk from downtown) , friendly host, and large and satisfying breakfast, this is the place!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple