“Accomodation that made our trip”
Review of Tudor Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tudor Lodge
Ranked #14 of 14 Clonakilty B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Accomodation that made our trip”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife and I have just finished travelling in Ireland for the last 2 wks and I am glad we saved the best til last!!After staying in both hotels and B+Bs tudor lodge was by far the best accomodation.Bright airy rooms, strong hot showers and breakfasts cooked on the spot piping hot it really made our stay.We were given lots of tips and advice on tourist attractions form the friendly hostess and got great recommendations for eating out which makes a big difference when you are travelling and want quality food but dont know whre to find it. A quite relaxing accomodation with tea/coffee facilities and rooms turned over everyday...hotels have a lot to learn from the lady of this house!!We will be back and have already recommended to friends travelling next summer.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Solo
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed in Tudor Lodge for a weekend break with a few friends as I had always heard create reviews about this B &B. The location was ideal for us it was just a few minutes’ walk from the town but still far enough out of the town to have a peaceful stay. The B&B itself was really clean and provided us with a comfortable night’s sleep. The owner, a local lady, was able to provide us with expert advice on what to do during our short stay. The breakfast on both mornings was delicious and provided us with a taste of the famous clonakilty black pudding. Further to this, my friend has special dietary requirements which the owner was only too willing to cater for. I would go back and stay there again the next time I go to West Cork.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Weekender093
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I came to Clonakilty with the view of moving here, I stayed 3 nights in Tudor Lodge and found it comfortable and felt totally relaxed. On my arrival I got a warm welcome from the host and nothing was any bother. I was given addresses and directions to help me prepare for my move. My sister and I were served a lovely Irish breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed.I will be going back to stay there and would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Ireland
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Stayed in Tudor Lodge for 2 nights recently. Accommodation itself is fine,basic but clean. Breakfast was cooked for us on 1 of the mornings and can't say it was anything special. Not good quality food that was used.

The owner has to be the most nosy person I have ever come across, openly talking about the locals in the dining room in the morning with other guests. Extremely rude in my opinion and totally out of order when running a b & b. We were also locked out on 1 of the nights we stayed and it was then insinuated that it was our fault cos we couldn't manage to turn the key in the door! Ridiculous. We were contemplating not staying the 2nd night because of this.

Would not go back to Tudor Lodge again and can't recommend it to anyone. While we were in Clonakilty we came across alot of other places that we could have stayed and we were very sorry we didn't.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank PollyW1979

Travellers are raving about these Clonakilty hotels

County Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I would just like to say that the owners were a bit strange and made us feel very uncomfortable. Can't really fault the accomodation or location.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank mrs9
Sho715
Reviewed 25 August 2007

The bedrooms are spacious, and there is a coffee/tea maker in every room. The host is friendly and prepares excellent breakfasts each morning and gives helpful advice and tips on the surrounding areas. It is a quiet place, so if you are looking for a place where you can make a lot of noise, this is not your spot. However, if you are looking for a quiet and peaceful house, a great location ( 2minutes walk from downtown) , friendly host, and large and satisfying breakfast, this is the place!

• Liked — Quiet, large bedrooms, many choices for breakfast, friendly host
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
England
Reviewed 29 July 2007

My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant 5 night stay at Tudor Lodge. The rooms are very comfortable and there is plenty of storage space for clothes. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The location of the B&B is very good for the town. It is up rather a steep hill so may not be suitable for everyone. Teresa and her daughter are very nice and nothing is too much trouble for them. We would definitely stay there again if we were to go to Clonakilty.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Hot water in bathroom sink wasn't very hot but was fine in the shower
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple