“Always delivers”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

My family and I have gone here a couple of times this year. The curries are really good not overly spicy but very tasty. The children's menu is great value they have a beef burger on it that I'd find hard to finish. Very trendy spot to impress friends.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We were a party of three and we attended for dinner. I regularly go for dinner here and it never disappoints. Recently, I have had to change to a gluten free diet and being vegetarian it is not easy at times to get good options for dinner. I was delighted to see the separate gluten free and vegan menus. This is a great idea and very forward thinking - a lot of restaurants are lacking in this area. The menus are very detailed and list every type of allergy possible. A few suggestions - the allergy list could be listed in alphabetical order - it would be quicker to reference this way. Also, soya can be an issue in gluten free diets so perhaps dishes without soya would be good. Polenta cake was listed on the gluten free menu and included wheat according to the allergy lists. Perhaps this was a typo?? Our waiter was more than helpful and I was able to make changes to the dish I ordered in order to avoid soya. Being able to eat a gluten free dessert was such a treat as most restaurants do not have gluten free options for dessert so I usually skip it. All in all a lovely dinner!!

LandmarkHotelCarrick, Director of Sales at The Boardwalk Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us this positive and constructive feedback. We very much appreciate it and will take your suggestions on board. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Kind regards,
Jessica Hickey

Reviewed July 4, 2018

This is a pleasant restaurant with great staff. Good range of food including vegetarian options, my vegetable curry was brilliant.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after a long drive and decided to have something to eat, we were seated almost immediately. We ordered beef, lamb and smoked salmon. The service was really fast (and management take note!!) Zoe was very nice. The food was amazing, and overall this was an amazing restaurant. Compliments to the chef!

1  Thank Alessandro C
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Travelling from Laois to Donegal and dropped off here for a quick bite. From the door to the food all was top class. Our server was Zoe who was extremely professional and attentive. She is a keeper (management take note!!) The food was excellent and coffee superb. Will stop here again.

1  Thank Claire O