“Hens on tour”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Visited at weekend for daughter's hen. We the two grannies an 16 hens had a wonderful time. Friendly clean good food and comfortable pods. Girls had their own 5 bedroom house which was beautiful. We stayed two nights there . EXCELLENT TIME. Thanks to all concerned.

1  Thank anneZ3234ES

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

As a some what regular to this establishment it's great to see it's popularity in the summer you still get fantastic service and great food. My favourite is the pulled pork. The music on Friday night's is traditional and lively my friends from overseas love the Irish charm of it

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We have a boat on the Shannon & keep it in Athlone & have cruised the length of the Shannon & find it very hard to find anywhere that ticks all the boxes like the Beirnes. I have eaten there twice it's always been excellent.Visited the place again monday evening Next to us they weren't happy with their waiting and been rude to the member of the staff it just made me think well they must be not a human . We waited quite a while for our meal but the place was packed (maybe a fault is taking a lot of bookings at the same time?) but we were happy just sitting & having a drink as we didn't have a booking so my advice is book early.

Reviewed May 23, 2018

I was part of a group who had booked a lunch in this Bar before travelling home. I'm not speaking on behalf of the group but on my own behalf and I have to say that I was treated abysmally by the staff in that I was not served for at least an hour or more from the time I arrived. My meal came and the sides came about 15 mins later. It was as if I was invisible.

The meal, when I did receive it, was cold but it would have been impossible to have sent it back such was the behaviour of the staff who choose to ignore me. The very same pattern took place in relation to the deserts. Mine was ordered for some time and I had to help myself to it from the counter. I did try to speak to staff on the floor who were busy serving other clients so it was pointless.

I hate giving a negative review but I have never been treated as badly as I was in this pub and if I am ever in this area again I will steer clear of it.

3  Thank mollieNorthEast
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

Went for Tapas night, and was a little weary as to what it would be like, especially given ‘Tapas’ was spelt wrong on the menu. But we were wrong! The grilled halloumi was to die for, as was the goats cheese with beetroot and croutons. Not only that, it was BYOB, so we were able to bring our own wine with us. Great atmosphere, even for a Thursday. Will definitely visit again if in the Leitrim area!