“Love love love ”
Review of An Poitin Still

An Poitin Still
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

Went to this bar today. Met by a friendly lady behind the bar Ciara. Immediately felt welcomed. Drinks were great. He craic was mighty. Ciara made us feel like the only girls in the bar, can't recommend this bar enough. Great beer garden. Well be back and bring a gang the next time and it was most definitely be because of staff Ciara. Hope good staff are rewarded Poitin Still. Looking forward to returning xx

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Was in Carrick o Shannon last Saturday night with my friends , we’d been to see Tommy Tiernan, in the Landmark Hotel , the man is hilarious . We went down the town for a few drinks after, popped into An Poitin Still. Place was very busy, everyone in high spirits . A band on stage making noise, noise,was all you could call it . Made my way to the bar, 3 pints of Guinness , 2 white wine and a vodka with a dash of 7-up was the round, young lady serving , lobbed them up to me , the dash of 7-up was a nearly empty bottle of flat TK white lemonade, and Guinness was just terrible, twang from it. Prices were fine.Should have looked around the bar first , nearly everyone drinking lager, bottles or spirits. Place has good reviews for food , might try that if I was in the area, but definitely not for a few drinks on a weekend night.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

While spending a Tuesday afternoon in Carrick-on-Shannon, my husband and I were looking for somewhere to get a quick bite to eat. Much to our surprise, there were very few establishments serving food after 2pm. After walking around the town, our only option was An Poitin Stil, from the outside it didn't look very appealing, however, the delicious smell of food drew us in! We were very pleased to have made this decision, we had a lovely seat beside the open fire and were served promptly. Lovely pint of Guinness and a huge plate of homemade chicken curry with rice and chips, my husband had the Vienna burger with peppered sauce and chips which he assured me was delicious. The service was second to none and very inexpensive at €28 for everything, highly recommend!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Stayed in Carrick for a week on vacation in June. My brother and I would take a stroll over in the evening for a drink. The staff was very friendly. The owner Margaret treated you like family. We were treated like we were locals and going their for years. It was a really nice friendly, relaxing atmosphere. We met many of the locals there and they were fantastic to chat to. Will definitely go there again on my next trip to Carrick. The An Poitin still is conveniently located in the middle of Main street.

Reviewed June 10, 2017

We went in on holiday lovely freshly made food portions were OMG I ordered the starter vegetable samosa's did not need a main course home made soup with lovely fresh bread main courses were lovely there was five of us nobody left a morsel of food lovely Atmosphere reasonably priced terrific value to be honest we loved it the Guiness was lovely chilled to perfection highly recommended

1  Thank heather387