“Dirty glasses”

Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: European, Irish, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Established in 1846 Bill Chawke's Bar, located in the heart of Adare Village, Co. Limerick is a fine traditional bar with a great reputation for providing some of the best hospitality around. Our recently refurbished bar is an excellent place to watch our local Adare GAA heroes and all the other major sporting events live on our LCD High Definition TVs. Our live weekly traditional music sessions are famous and bring a wealth of musicians and music lovers through our doors. Our kitchen serves delicious traditional fare every day and customers keep coming back to us for a bite to eat or simply relax with a pint or glass of their favourite tipple. We have a truly superior beer garden which is the envy of every pub in the county; we just wish we could 'serve up' good weather for our customers to relax in it on those soft Irish summer days and not need one of our waterproof parasols. Our beer garden also has state of the art BBQ facilities and is a favourite with locals and visitors who like to dine and entertain al fresco whatever the occasion. Good quality service, delicious food and a friendly and welcoming atmosphere is what we are all about and we think we deliver, in spades! Awarded the Prestigious Licensing World Country Bar of the Year 2010!
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I went to have a dinner, meanwhile, I asked for a pint but my surprise was when I looked at the pint glass and I saw was dirty so I didn't finish my beer and I went to another place.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

We visited the beautiful quaint town of Adare for a couple hours while passing through. We decided to grab a bite at Bill Chawke Bar. The bar dates back to 1846 but did not have the charm many historic pubs in Ireland have. The bartender was not the most welcoming either. We sat at the bar & ordered a couple pints & burger. The mushroom, onion & cheese burger was perfectly seasoned, juicy & delicious. The beer garden in the back has a nice atmosphere. Street parking only.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

We all met up here for the evening, most people drinking the "black" stuff but I found a great beer called Smithwicks!! We ate here too totally recommend their food. Great atmosphere in this bar, wish it was my local!!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

We stopped here on our way to Kerry and it did not disappoint. The staff were so friendly and food was tasty. They have a fab beer garden out the back that the kids were able to walk/play around in after the long car journey while we waited on our food. I would highly recommend this place while in Adare. It had a great atmosphere. My only regret is that my daughter ran to the door while I was paying so I didn't get to add a tip when paying with my card and neither my husband and I had cash on us. They deserved a really big tip after such fantastic service. Fair play to the staff we will definitely be back on our next trip to Kerry. Thanks again for a great time.

1  Thank Jennifer304
Reviewed August 20, 2017

Fresh tasty panini, great chips and salad and a pint of Guinness, very satisfactory lunch. And a cheery barman!