“Our Favorite in Adare”

Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: European, Irish, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Established in 1846 Bill Chawke's Bar, located in the heart of Adare Village, Co. Limerick is a fine traditional bar with a great reputation for providing some of the best hospitality around. Our recently refurbished bar is an excellent place to watch our local Adare GAA heroes and all the other major sporting events live on our LCD High Definition TVs. Our live weekly traditional music sessions are famous and bring a wealth of musicians and music lovers through our doors. Our kitchen serves delicious traditional fare every day and customers keep coming back to us for a bite to eat or simply relax with a pint or glass of their favourite tipple. We have a truly superior beer garden which is the envy of every pub in the county; we just wish we could 'serve up' good weather for our customers to relax in it on those soft Irish summer days and not need one of our waterproof parasols. Our beer garden also has state of the art BBQ facilities and is a favourite with locals and visitors who like to dine and entertain al fresco whatever the occasion. Good quality service, delicious food and a friendly and welcoming atmosphere is what we are all about and we think we deliver, in spades! Awarded the Prestigious Licensing World Country Bar of the Year 2010!
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Very nice Irish pub. The staff was friendly and attentive, providing very good table service. The fish and chips serving was very ample, with the fish batter being crispier than most other pub's fish and chips. On street parking is limited, use the car park behind the Heritage center.

1  Thank JNelson70

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Great Irish pub with good food and music. The food was excellent and so was the service. They also have a large outdoor seating area and pool tables too. A must while you are staying in Adare.

1  Thank MustangMiller
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I went to have a dinner, meanwhile, I asked for a pint but my surprise was when I looked at the pint glass and I saw was dirty so I didn't finish my beer and I went to another place.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We visited the beautiful quaint town of Adare for a couple hours while passing through. We decided to grab a bite at Bill Chawke Bar. The bar dates back to 1846 but did not have the charm many historic pubs in Ireland have. The bartender was not the most welcoming either. We sat at the bar & ordered a couple pints & burger. The mushroom, onion & cheese burger was perfectly seasoned, juicy & delicious. The beer garden in the back has a nice atmosphere. Street parking only.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We all met up here for the evening, most people drinking the "black" stuff but I found a great beer called Smithwicks!! We ate here too totally recommend their food. Great atmosphere in this bar, wish it was my local!!!!