“Wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

QC's Townhouse
Ranked #1 of 18 Cahersiveen B&B and Inns
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

The QC townhouse has the real wow factor. The rooms are amazing, pure luxury. Many thanks Kate and Andrew for your wonderful welcome

Room Tip: You will have your best night sleep
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank samantha d

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I visited QC's with friends in November 2011.Upon arrival we were shown to spectaclular rooms. The rooms were very unique compared to any other accommodation I have experienced. I was shown the Yellow room which was lovely. Just the perfect size and was cosy. I stayed in the red room which I believed to be 5 star. The room was spacious and warm with a modern twist. The room had all modern features.
My friends and I ate in the restaurant. The seafood served was spectacular. I was never a lover of seafood myself until this experience. The different options was great.
To top off the 5 star accommodation and spectacular food was the hospitality and friendliness of the staff and owners. I observed while having dinner that the owners made their way around talking to all their customers. This is important to me as a consumer, it is nice to feel valued. I would reccommend QC's restaurant and townhouse to anyone visiting Kerry or even from Kerry. It is not just a restaurant and accommodation, it is an experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda M
AndrewCahersiveen, Owner at QC's Townhouse, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you gave us. we appreciate all the time and effort you spent writing about your qc's experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I stayed at QC’s on October 11th 2011.

I arrived at QC’s to a warm and friendly atmosphere. There was a fire lit on arrival. The food was exceptionally good and very high quality, I could not fault a single thing it was all top class. The staff were so nice and the owners Kat and Andrew were so friendly they made the experience feel like home. The rooms were amazing very unique and each room is different with their own special touch. I stayed in the yellow room. It was spotless, the beds were so comfortable without a doubt, fantastic shower and the attention to detail was just superb. In the rooms there was an iPod dock, plasma screen, tea facilities and an espresso maker, water and juices in the fridge, fruit in a bowl and in the morning you woke up to find fresh muffins on you door, it was just out of this world, the whole experience was amazing.

I have stayed in many places including top hotels in Ireland and by far QC’s has ranked the best in my opinion from their delicious food to their lovely rooms to their amazing hospitality.
My stay at QC’s was outstanding and it was the most relaxing place. I would highly recommend it to anyone and I will most certainly be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thank you for the lovely review you did on qc's. It is very rewarding from our perspective to read such positive comments. looking forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

We were really impressed with QC's.

The room was lovely with great character and attention to detail. Everything from the in-room espresso maker to the fridge stocked with fresh fruit juice and museli was of the highest quality.

Great relaxed atmosphere, friendly owners and nice fish restaurant and bar downstairs.

I'd highly recommend a stay here. Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

I left London on the hotest October weekend on record though arriving in Cork, we did not see the runway until the last 50 feet due to the mist and the rain.....!

Arriving at QC's some 2 hrs later, the gloomy conditions were more than made up for by the excellent food and the warmth of hospitality that only the Irish seem to bring. I spend most of my time travelling internationally and many of the top hotels could learn from some of the facilities and design features available in the rooms and I will not repeat what others have already said

Anyone who stays with Kate and Andrew will not be disappointed

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I picked this place to stay based on the trip advisor reviews and wasn't let down. The room was really nice. Everything was new and had a designer look, with an Ipod dock, expresso maker, and lots of other nice extras placed around the room as well. The dual shower head with one really large one was great as well... The breakfast was quality and i liked the idea that you could have it at your leisure rather than the usual start finish time for breakfast that can get you out of bed earlier than you might like...

There was a lounge downstairs for guests with a turf fire which the staff kept going and lots of books about the area, which was nice to chill out in with some wine.. the whole place was just really well thought out and looked great...

The staff were the real story here though. They were great on the night and the next day when we were checking out, giving us lots of tips on a route for going round the ring of kerry and what really had to be seen, and just being genuinely friendly.

However, my car was taken off the road in a crash outside caherciveen later the next day, leaving us stuck in Kerry with no car and no where to go. We got a lift back to QCs and were treated as well as (or possibly better than!) we would have been at home, with the staff giving us the lounge to drop our stuff off in while sorting out a doctor, dealing with the gardai/ garage and sorting out a way to get back to Dublin. They were looking up numbers for us and providing a constant supply of tea, and just generally being really good to us. I can't say enough about this place and was lucky to have known about it after having the crash as they made things much easier for us than they may otherwise have been!

Thanks again Andrew, Kate and staff, and Andrew your "was he wearing a Kerry Jersey" question about the driver that hit us (about 4 days after Dublin bet Kerry in the all-ireland final) has been quoted repeatedly always getting a laugh.. Best of luck with the place...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Brendan C
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have dined in QC's on a number of occasions however this is the first time I have stayed in the recently refurbished Townhouse. The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. The guest room with fireplace is a gem. The attention to detail throughout the Townhouse is fantastic. Kate and Andrew and all the staff make your stay very special. My family loved the idea of the muffins and compotes in our room washed down with fresh coffee for breakfast which meant we could relax and have breakfast when we wanted. I have loved QC's restaurant for a number of years and now I cannot wait to return to the QC's Townhouse.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AndrewCahersiveen, Owner at QC's Townhouse, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
thank you so much for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to have your family staying at the townhouse, I hope you and your wife will revisit shortly on the new golfing packaging we discussed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cahersiveen
0.9 km away
1.7 km away
Cul Draiochta
Cul Draiochta
#3 of 18 in Cahersiveen

Been to QC's Townhouse? Share your experiences!