Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2018

This place is all about location, as stated rightfully in earlier reviews. Service while making the reservation (by phone) was excellent. Great views, very nice terrace; make sure you 'ask for or upgrade' a room with a lakeside view. It's great since you can spend the evening on your private lakeside terrace uif you want. Dinner is ok, breakfast is great, service is friendly but not very efficient nor professional. Interior of the restaurant is outdated... Location is within 30 minutes drive from Leeuwarden (capital of the Province of Friesland) but this is really a good base for hiking, cycling or watersports!

Room tip: Make sure you ask for a lakeside room... it's worth the extra bucks...
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

We were there right on time because it was the only weekend that ice-skating was possible so this added extra charm to our stay. Nice, simple rooms and very friendly staff. We had dinner at their restaurant which was also ok.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I have been here with my girlfriend and my parents. We had lunch here for their wedding anniversary. First mistake they made upon arriving and sitting down for 1 second, is immediately asking what we wanted to drink, while we did not have the chance to look at the menu. Mistake number 2: upon ordering 4 applepie pieces, they gave us 2 piece of applepie and then 2 pieces of strawberrycake. Mistake number 3: my dad went to the counter and asked if we can order again. They said they will come to our table. We waited 30 minutes and no one came. So I needed to get some attention by raising my hand and the waitress said "yes we will come to your table". And again waiting another 20 minutes.

So in short the service is not that good. Food taste good.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2016

This hotel sits at the edge of a canal about 4 km from the town of Oudega in a remote part of Friesland (Netherlands). It was a bit difficult to find but worth the search.

The food was good (we had dinner and breakfast) with lots of choice.
The rooms were fairly ordinary, but the balcony gave out onto the canal, and one could sit there for an afternoon drink or just sun-basking and watch the canal traffic go by. A magnificent rural view.
When we arrived, two large traditionally built, wooden canal boats, were tied up at dock.I suspect that much of the restaurant customers are travelling by boat.
We took a walk around to the adjoining canal and its cantilevered bridge (think of van Gogh's bridge painting) and walked down the country road between poplar trees.
It's a windy location and best for summer, but a lovely location where one could spend a week or more on a de-stressing holiday.
It's a bit isolated, so take that into account. Oudega, not far away, has a grocery store and bakery for those who want to do their own picnicking.

Room tip: ask for a room with a canal view and balcony
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Le Sicht on 7/6/13 and was impressed. I cycled to the hotel from Ijmuiden and due to the ferry from England to Ijmuiden having long delays it meant I didn't arrive at the hotel until 23:30 I was with a group of 10 and the staff at the hotel stayed on late, kept the restaurant open and ensured we were all fed and watered. Something I was not expecting. I didn't spend much time at the hotel to enjoy the hotel's facilities and beautiful surroundings as I was back cycling 120 miles the following day. If I am in the area again this is a hotel I would certainly consider using again.

Date of stay: June 2013