All reviews dietary needs friendliest staff coach trip clean rooms short break stayed here for two nights waiter service hotel is spotless last weekend a great stay reception area doolin cave enjoyable stay coach parties quiet location bit dated his wife
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed at the burren castle hotel for 2 nights from the 18th - 20th August. From the moment we walked into the reception we were greeted with the warmest welcome and we felt at home right away. All the staff we met throughout our stay were so polite. We had breakfast on both mornings in the hotel which was a full Irish each and the waiters and waitresses were so attentive without being overbearing. Our room was so tidy and comfortable and the hotel itself was immaculate. We had a lovely relaxing stay at the hotel but it's 10/15 mins drive to the nearby towns which was OK as we had the car so plan your journey in advance. Great location for visiting the burren , lahinch and the ailwee caves. All in all a great trip and we will definately return. Thanks to all at the hotel, keep up the super customer service.

Lisa.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2016

The room was very spacious with a large bathroom and a beautiful bay window with a coffee table and comfortable armchairs to sit in and enjoy the beautiful views!! Found our room and the hotel to be very clean..our stay here was most enjoyable from start to finish!! I booked this hotel online and later decided to phone ahead to see if there was any where to store our bicycles as my husband and myself love to cycle. The girl on reception was so friendly and told me that it was no problem as they have lots of cyclists stay there, I also asked for an ice bucket in our room again no problem!! The staff were all very helpful and friendly 10 out of 10.. we only eat breakfast in the hotel which was good, my only criticism would be there was no buffet or breakfast menu the waiter told you what was on offer!! This hotel is ideally situated and close to all the major sites i.e. cliffs of moher, doolan for the boats accross to aran island's, lisdunvarna and a short drive to the burren!! Overall I would highly recommend the burren castle hotel well done everyone and thanks for a lovely stay..great value for money!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay window!! Lovely to relax in with a glass of wine while enjoying the views..
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

The grounds and hotel are very outdated, but the staff was always kind and helpful. There is no wifi in the rooms...only in the lobby. The mattresses were as thin as a cardboard box...we barely got any sleep. The bedding was rough and uncomfortable. The food offered at their restaurant was not great and some of it was undercooked. The hotel is essentially in the middle of nowhere. It almost feels as though you are trapped there. The two stars are for the staff. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and accommodating. They also had a musician the night we stayed and we all really enjoyed that. Hotel is in major need of renovations and updates.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie E
Reviewed August 14, 2016

The Burren Castle Hotel caters primarily to group tours, but it was also a nice stay for my husband and me as a couple who wanted to spend a couple of days right in The Burren. The rooms are nice, and the management is outstanding in helpfulness and friendliness. My husband fell out on the Burren and needed ice for his leg every couple of hours, and we could not have found more helpful, accommodating people even though they were dealing with bus loads of tour group people arriving and departing when we needed ice. We were most grateful for the management and staff of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

I loved staying here it's a bit out of the way but we had a car so it was grand it has a lovely feel to it and so nice the way it's a castle theme and all the staff where so nice couldn't do enough for us and rooms where really nice loved the views

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple