“Very good”
Review of Sheraton Athlone

Sheraton Athlone
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Athlone
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel has always been nice to us, and is very central to Athlone, where we spend a week each year. Sensible on rates in the current environment, and an extensive breakfast choice, healthy and otherwise. Bar service exemplary and front desk more than accommodating. Bedding very comfortable and room beautifully appointed. We'll hopefully be back next year.

Room Tip: Taking a room in the tower section can mean a bit of a trek back to reception, best rooms around the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear “Greenmuggers”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

It is great to read that you found our packages to be sensible and competitive. We believe in offering an exceptionally good product at a very competitive price, and I am glad that you found this to be the case.

Our Colour Your Plate initiative has been launched in La Provence Restaurant, which is a simple approach to healthy eating, offering colourful, nutrient dense foods as part of a well balanced meal in order to increase energy and performance. However we do still have the plenty of alternatives for those who choose to spoil themselves a little bit on their breaks away!

Once again thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Arrived for a one night B&B stay, was on 4th floor, lovely room, big queen bed, wardrobe, t.v, tea making facilities, iron/ironing board. Leisure facilities available, never got the chance to use.
Dinner was supplied by the company I was staying with, a lovely set menu and served with out any problems and accommodated people with diet requirements. Our group went to the bar afterwards - music was provided by the hotel and was lively, the bar manager was friendly and accommodating to our group, with full bar/waiter service. Breakfast was lovely in the morning with great variety.
Thanks

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank westthorns

Dear “Westhorns”,
Thank you most sincerely for providing such a comprehensive review of our hotel and for choosing to stay with us at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you found the team to be accommodating and welcoming of your group. We pride ourselves on being able to cater for a large range of dietary and special requirements for our guests.
It was a pleasure to share your feedback with Abdallah Ahmed, our bar manager, and Mark Glennon, our restaurant manager, along with their teams.
Once again thank you to both you and the guests of your group for choosing The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was a Lovely Hotel with friendly helpful staff, lovely clean rooms, excellent leisure facilities. The dining is excellent, the only down side is the bar area which is not comfortable.
The Hotel is built into a shopping centre which is a little odd but doesn't take away from Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shane O

Dear Shane,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you found of staff to be friendly and helpful and that the leisure facilities were excellent.

I have reviewed your feedback on our bar with our bar manager and we will be looking at various measures in response to your feedback. Guest feedback and suggestions are very important to us and I would welcome the opportunity to review this with you in more detail if you would like to contact me here at the hotel on 0906451000.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and a I look forward to speaking with you if the opportunity permits.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

It was first time stating with this hotel even staying on Athlone so it was an experience usually it is Galway we head for. I decided to bring my mum away for an early mothers day present and choose to stay in a club room which came with a club lounge benefits which is a quite space away from the bar with minerals and snacks and wifi and you can bar food delivered to the area also. I though this was wonderful as we were the only ones using it was very nice. The room was lovely robes and slippers provided the only thing would COMPLAIN ABOUT WOULD BE THERE WAS NO ANTI SLIP MAT IN THE SHOWER I DID NOT FEEL SAFE HAVING A SHOWER, I could have had a bath but did not want one but apart from that the room was lovely. I did have to call a few times to the front desk for different things and every time I got a very nice staff member on it and it was sorted there and then. We had the club sandwiches in the club lounge and they were very nice and well worth the money we paid, the breakfast was nice a bit of confusion to start but after that was sorted it was lovely. The staff were all very nice and very helpful and we will stay again and my mum was very happy and that's all I was worried about but all was good and we will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012
SheratonGeneralMgr, General Manager at Sheraton Athlone, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Dear “Jewel18”,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and it is great to read that you chose Athlone as a destination for a leisure break away. Over the past few years a lot of effort has been put into developing Athlone and it’s surrounding lakelands as a tourism destination. Feedback from our guests has been very positive and there are more activities on offer in the area every season.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the team and our club lounge.

We have started a review of our showers for slip resistance and any appropriate measures will be implemented immediately as guest safety is of paramount concern for us. Thank you for highlighting this to us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Just want to say what a wonderful meal we had in La Provence for our christening. Joe, Tracey and all the staff were brilliant. We had young children with us, so we got a table that was out of the other customers way, the kids could play and not be in anybodys way. The Food was superb and my dad is still talking about the braised beef !!!! Thank you also to Abdalla and his team for reserving a table for us in the bar and your great service also. My sister and her family stayed in the hotel and had and excellent time and will be coming back.
Clare

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Clare,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion as a family christening with us. I am delighted that the service and food exceeded your expectations and that we helped you to enjoy celebrating this time with your family..

It was a pleasure to share your feedback with Abdalla and his team in the bar as well as the team in the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Sheraton Athlone Hotel soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed in this hotel twice last year. Central location, built in shopping center complex, close to everything. Rooms are ok, expected better for newish 4* hotel. Had lunch in bar and got dirty glass with lipstick on, returned glass and they brought me glass with water stains on!!!! Staff was ok, can't say that very friendly... I would rate it more like 3* hotel rather then 4.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hona7

Dear “Hona7”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sheraton Athlone Hotel and for providing a review of your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you found our location to be central. There were a number of areas for me to address and I would like to reassure you that those items you have highlighted to us regarding bar service have been addressed.

While we do receive a large volume of feedback regarding the friendliness of our staff I would like to apologise that you did not find this to be the case. We have ensured that a renewed focus is placed on guest care and I do hope that you will experience this should you choose to return.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

If you know the Sheraton brand, you'll know what to expect, though the style of this hotel is a mix of Le Meridien and Westin/Aloft. I got a room in the tower with a wonderful view over the Shannon. The room itself was very clean and modern. The shower had good power and the amenities in the bathroom are fine. I like the 'stone' effect of the decor though having a bath and separate shower means the toilet placement and space is a little cramped (or at least it was in my room!).

Staff were very friendly, breakfast set me up for the day, access to the club allowed me to have tea or coffee at any time during my stay and there is also an on-site pool and fitness facility. All in all, a very pleasant surprise and a definite destination if I have to stay in the midlands and want to have some certainty about what awaits! Athlone itself also has a few things worth visiting, though I only managed a brief walking tour.

Room Tip: Ask (or pay) for a room in the tower and ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear “Pi31415”,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive and positive review following your stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on Sheraton Hotels, we are very proud to be part of such a strong brand and to be representing The Sheraton brand here in Ireland.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Athlone soon, and I would be delighted if you could ask for me at the desk on your return so that I might thank you for your feedback personally.