10 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$102
PricelineUS$102
getaroom.comUS$130
3,057 results
All reviews l'escale restaurant retreat section retreat room kids club wine tasting leisure centre jacuzzi bath lake view busy hotel bar food family break top class lovely hotel spa treatments both nights golf course breakfast room
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2021 via mobile

My parents stayed in the Hodson bay hotel for their 50th wedding anniversary. However on the second night my father fell ill and had to be emitted to hospital. The night manager stayed with my mother offering her great support in her hour of need. The following day the staff were more than helpful till my arrival. I would like to thank the all the staff for their help and support. They are a credit to the hotel. My father Made a full recovery.

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank rob_mccafferty
Timothy Hayes, Marketing at Hodson Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2021

Dear rob_mccafferty,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your Parent's recent stay with us at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

I am delighted to read that your dad has made a full recovery and that our team gave your mum the help and support she needed during what I can only imagine to be as a very scary time for her. We are very lucky with the team we have and they are all working extremely hard

We would like to wish your parents a very happy 50th Wedding anniversary and we look forward to welcoming them back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed July 23, 2021 via mobile

Wasn't going to leave review but seen as though the hotel emailed requesting one here it is. 4star prices for 1 star service. From arrival to departure the service was terrible. Over 3 hours one night from sitting down to dinner to paying for it. Problems at every meal with order. Food only average. Staff all very young and obviously no experience or training. No management around to direct. Average 50min wait for a drink in the evening and then a further wait to pay for it. The only lounge staff observed on one evening outside for most of the evening informed us that it was his first day. Definitely not fair to have kids working unsupervised and not knowing what to do. No cleaning of rooms because of covid allegedly. Waiting for towels a disaster just go to cleaning trolly yourself and take some. No cleaning or sanitising of common areas, door handles, lifts etc observed for 4 days of our stay. I have stayed in a few hotels since the pandemic for both work and recreation and safe to say this was the worst experience I have ever had of poor service in an Irish hotel. I'm aware that times are hard for the hospitality industry but the service offered was definitely not reflected in the price paid. We were there for a family celebration and it certainly will be a holiday never forgotten and not for the reasons I expected.

5  Thank rj21080

Dear rj21080,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your trip advisor review following your most recent experience at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

My sincere apologies on the shortcomings you experienced during your time with us. I can assure you this is not the standard of service we offer to our guests

If you could share your contact details to manager@hodsonbayhotel.com as I would be grateful of the opportunity to speak with you directly on this matter.

Reviewed July 21, 2021 via mobile

There are so many good points about this hotel.
Fantastic pool, clean rooms and our bed was so comfortable.
The views are beautiful and it’s a perfect hotel for families.
The staff were always polite and friendly but the only thing was.. understaffed and a bit of a stretch when it came to service.
It wasn’t the fault of the staff but they definitely seemed under pressure, so there were a few things forgotten off orders, slow service and having to ask for updates after 20 minutes for a drink.
In saying that… I would have no problem staying here again and we were relaxed and happy leaving.
It’s such a beautiful area and it’s a perfect place for a relaxing family break but somewhere to keep the kids entertained too.

2  Thank Niamh L

Dear Niamh L,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for leaving us a review following your most recent experience at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

I am extremely happy to read you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that the facilities and staff exceeded your expectations. I am delighted you got to experience first hand the fabulous views of Lough Ree and also that you found the hotel to be perfect for families.

However, I am disappointed to read that you did have some shortcomings during your stay with us and I can assure you this is not the normal standard of service we aim to offer our guests.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Hodson Bay Hotel as your destination and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2021 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay we had a lovely time but some things let it down. The location is perfect as we where going to the bay sports and also the lake across the road is beautiful and the views are so relaxing.

The room was very dated and nothing that was advised on the website but it was clean and the beds were very comfortable, the shower was brilliant.

The service was awful in the bar on both evenings and I had to constantly chase down someone to order food and drinks from when they did arrive the food was delicious but the service but a downer on it. We booked a table both nights for 8pm on the app before our stay and this couldn’t be found on there system.

It was noted on check in that the rooms would not be cleaned daily but that the towels and bins would be changed, we arrived back to our room the second day at 4pm and this hadn’t been done so we rang reception and were told this would be done within an hr by 7pm this hasn’t been done I ended up just finding someone on the hallway and asking could I have towels, 30 minutes later they dropped towels in so we could shower before dinner

Breakfast was the same took ages to get someone to take our order and had to queue for twenty minutes to be seated

I don’t know why they have so little staff but it’s not working for them and the standard was far from 4* the pool was the only thing that worked without a problem.

I wouldnt stay here again and I have stayed in other hotels during the pandemic and the service haven’t changed so I don’t think the pandemic can be used as an excuse.

Parking is a nightmare too we waited 30 minutes on a spot at the hotel

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank unknown186605

Dear unknown186605,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review following your most recent stay at the Hodson Bay Hotel.

I am happy to read you did have a lovely time with us despite some of the shortcomings you experienced in the bar on both evenings of your stay. I am also happy to read that you were impressed with the food and the location and the view.

We are very thankful for your feedback both positive and negative, as this will help us improve on the standard of service we offer to all our guests.

I would like to thank you for choosing the Hodson Bay Hotel as your destination.

Reviewed July 21, 2021

Was booked for 4 course meal,b&b in what I thought was there new "adult only wing"
Yeah well after checking in at 3 and not getting the keys to our room till 5:30 so when we got up to the room was not given the covid clean seal so who knows what happened and after passing 2 broken down cots in the hall I very much doubt that it was"adult only wing".
We called to check if they had an e-car charger port to be told yes only to find out it was a open door into a back room with a regular plug socket .
The room was so hot during the night the sleep I got feel more like a fever dream
Would avoid if at all possible
Btw was wood chips on the floor in the corridor and told someone about it were still there this morning

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank K3048QSdanielo