“lovely meeting spot”

Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Cahir
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Here at the Riverhouse we specialise in all Homemade Irish Foods, we are very proud of our Bridgestone awards( Sally McKenna) which we have achieved for the last 7years to date2014, we also received Georgina Campbell Awards for 2012,2013,2014. we open 7 days a week 8.30am-6pm serving Breakfast, Carvery Lunch,Soups,Sandwiches,Pastas,kids meals...homemade desserts,coffees etc.. We have the BEST Views of Cahir Castle and River Suir.Tours are a must to take in the spectacular views along with the best homemade foods..Pop in to see for yourself we would love to welcome you:)
Reviewed December 29, 2014

I often choose this restaurant to meet friends,I've never been disappointed.usually we have tea and scones,always lovely,and the staff will always top up teapot with hot water free of charge.its very relaxing here and staff are lovely.Its a real tourist spot also,and it's situated so conveniently across from Cahir Castle.ive had a sandwich here on occasion too,also soup all lovely.
Yes this is a lovely place.

Date of visit: December 2014

Reviewed December 18, 2014

Hi, dined here for a late breakfast at 11am. I was worried that it being so late that the food would not be good. Such a surprise - it was delicous - freshly cooked. I will definitely return again for breakfast. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed November 22, 2014

Recently I visited the Riverhouse Restaurant with my family. I was very disappointed because when my daughter went for the soup and sandwich deal. She asked for her sandwiches to be toasted and they charged her an extra euro just for her sandwiches to be toasted. We had to wait a long while for them to bring us our dinner so in the end my husband went up and collected it. My daughters soup was watery. The chicken I had with my salad was dry. No tip given. Won't be coming back.

Date of visit: November 2014
3  Thank Helen K
Reviewed November 9, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in for a quick cappuccino after a pleasant visit to the Cahir Castle across the road. Most pleasant atmosphere and nice coffee on a cold day. Pleasant staff as well .

Reviewed October 26, 2014 via mobile

Such fresh made to order food with a wonderful cozy atmosphere and view of Cahir castle. Had the Special, Goat Cheese Brucetta and loved the flavors. Friendly staff too.

3  Thank Dwight S