US$136
US$85
US$75
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsleisure centreold worldold stylebeautiful settingopen firedinner dancefriendly atmospherestaff were fantasticpool and gymwedding receptionfood was lovelymodern hotelsunday lunchnight portersecond to nonebar menugreat weekend
Reviewed September 13, 2017

I had my wedding in this hotel and have stayed subsequently as a guest. I've never seen such a great effort to make us feel welcome. The management were very personable and approachable, any request we had a was carried out promptly and efficiently. The rooms are decorated in a rustic style which was very spacious and comfortable. The food was locally sourced and most delicious. Overall we had a perfect wedding and enjoyed our recent stay very much.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatrickCorkCity
kilcoran, Front Office Manager at Kilcoran Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear PatrickCorkCity
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate the positive comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kindest Regards
Management

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Called to this hotel last week on my way to Dublin, it is on the old Cork/Dublin road and well worth coming off the motorway for. It's about 4 miles from the lovely town of Cahir. The hotel was very quiet when we arrived (I was travelling with my elderly mother). We got a huge welcome from the Receptionist (who may well have been the manager), Laura. She made a fuss of my mother and sat us down in the Reception area, what a beautiful view of the mountains from there. We had a lovely lunch (served by Laura) and my compliments to the Chef as the prawn tempura was superb. Finished off with cappuccino and at Laura's suggestion, sticky toffee pudding. My mother was in seventh heaven. Will definitely be stopping at this gem of a place again. The Lodge is beautiful, olde world, the views are spectacular, the food delicious but it's the personal touch that I will remember. Well done to Laura and her team.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear MaryC4321
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and taking the time to post a positive review.
We hope we will see you and your mother very soon when you are in this part of the country again.
Kindest Regards
Management

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Not my first time visiting and certainly won't be my last. Ideal location to meet for Sunday lunch. Just went with the bar menu and Colin the young man behind the bar was extremely competent and friendly. Selection on the menu covered everyone's tastes and we even took a break after the main course to take a walk round the lovely grounds returning after for dessert and coffee. A very pleasant afternoon.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Every year when we drive between West Cork and Dublin we break out
r journey with a quick and very welcome lunch at Kilcoran.We are always welcomed by friendly and obliging staff and have a simple and speedy lunch. We really recommend and whilst we have never stayed have no doubt that the same friendly attentiveness would be experienced in the hotel

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Lovely setting and beautiful views.
Staff very friendly and public areas of hotel very warm and welcoming.
But overall the place looked tired.
My granddaughter enjoyed the pool situated in a separate building so you need warm track suit after your swim to return to hotel.
Bathroom towels very poor definitely needed replacing.
For dinner we went for the special of the day which was roast beef - the menu said local beef.
Unfortunately it was 2 thick chunks so tough it was hardly edible.
Breakfast was ok but only one guy serving who was run off his feet !

Stayed: August 2017