“Bustling, cosy cafe with simple but tasty menu and great coffee”
Review of The Lazy Bean Cafe

The Lazy Bean Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Cahir
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Lazy Bean Café is Cahir's favourite restautant, located centrally on the Square. Best coffee in town.
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Had lunch on a typically blustery day with 5 adults and four children. Luckily it was a late lunch or we would not have fitted but they kindly held a table as the rest of our party were delayed. I had a panini, followed by the waffles and home made ice cream and two cups of great cappuccino and I left stuffed and very happy. Great cosy cafe with very attentive and friendly staff. There is a good second have book shop next door if you need something to read while you're there too.

1  Thank Mickey B

Reviewed August 3, 2016

We had a very good, light lunch at this cafe, sitting at pavement tables in the sunshine. The service was friendly and the food was health-conscious, tasty and served quickly despite it being lunchtime and very full!

1  Thank AllyandBarry
Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Went here today on a wet bank holiday Monday and as it turned out everyone in town had the same idea- refuge!! Well as busy as it got the service was still excellent - the food as perfect as it always is - my kids said it would be their Breckie they would elect to have if they were to be landed on a deserted island - that says this is one of the best run businesses around and we appreciate it

2  Thank Siobhan D
Reviewed July 31, 2016

The first impression of the cafe is a bit untidy and it's very crowded on a busy time. Also when it's busy the staff seems too much in a rush all the time and they don't really smile, they hardly stopped to listen to what I wanted when they went past my table.

The service was friendly though, and I even got more cream (in a big pot) with my scone when I asked for it. Filter coffee tasted good but the scone was very basic and quite small, not at all "freshly baked" like it says on the menu.
The tables are too close to each other which isn't very comfy, but the menu has a good selection of food and enough things to choose from.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

We'd walked from the Castle to the Swiss Cottage and back again - a lovely walk on what turned out to the hottest day of the year in Ireland, lots of shade - and arrived back in the town for half-past five, only to find that the café beside the castle was already closed for the evening, so myself and the gang of 5 youngsters walked up to the Square and found the Lazy Bean. The young man who talked to use said that they would be closing at 6, but that he could still sort us out with sandwiches, but we'd need to hustle, so I phoned the other adults in the group, got them to join us, got the whole gang inside and we ordered 6 toasted chicken sandwiches, no onion, and one ham and cheese toastie and one New York bagel, two milk shakes and 6 other drinks, and fair play to the Lazy Bean staff, the food came out hot, fresh, delicious and was very welcome indeed. It is testament to the quality of the food that our rowdy bunch stopped talking for about three minutes as they tucked in.

The service was excellent, the loos were reasonably clean (it was late in the day, in fairness) and the staff very cheerful and friendly, and the young man who took our order insisted that we order what we liked, despite the fact that the kitchen was officially closing in five minutes. (But please, don't do what we did and arrive en masse like this.) I will go back and take more time, and sample the excellent-looking desserts.

The only issue I would have with this café is that it closed at six the day we were there. I'd have loved to have been able to stay longer.

It's not huge inside, but there is some outside seating, even so please take size of the place into consideration if you're bring a coachload of eaters along, and perhaps phone ahead and see what they can do for you.

1  Thank orla99913