“Casual meeting with friend”

Maudie's Coffee Shop and Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Cavan
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Bumped into an old friend mid-morning. He suggested a pot of tea in Maudie's. Good idea. Lots of gossip over a scone.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed February 7, 2018

What I love most about this place is the friendly welcome and warm hospitality. Good home cooked traditional yummy food. Customer service at the best.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Been to Maudie's many times. Love the food, the place and the chat. Well worth a visit. Always go when I am in Cavan. Wouldn't miss it

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

We were hungry and decided to get something quick to eat, so we seen this cafe and said we will go in. We asked for soup & sandwiches as it said it on the sign outside, they were out of soup (fair enough) we got got sandwiches instead. They were good. Then my partner got an apple slice and noticed there was a fly in it (still half alive). I said to the black haired lady I don't want this as there is a fly in it, I just want to pay for the food I had eaten. She told me it was a piece of the apple, I said it's wings are moving. People in the cafe could hear me as it was very quiet. No apology or didn't give me any money off my food. Disgusting! Get some proper refrigerators! Health & safety and customer service at its worst.
Never again would I step near that cafe.

Date of visit: September 2017
3  Thank cinta14
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere for a light bite and Maudie's fitted the bill. It was late lunchtime and there was not much left but the lasagne, although just reheated in the microwave, was good. Accompanied with salad and a pot of tea, this was a a filling lunch. The homemade cakes looked very tempting and the staff were very accommodating. Toilets were clean which is always a bonus!

Date of visit: August 2017