3,241 results
All reviews cellar bar farnham estate outdoor pool botanica restaurant car park shuttle bus thermal suite old house relaxing break main restaurant the radisson blu lovely hotel afternoon tea walking trails set menu standard room lovely view
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I really like Farnham estate and have visited a number of times. Each time the standard continues to drop, which is echoed by everyone I know. I like the spa, the treatment rooms are fabulous. The rooms are always clean, comfortable and well decorated.
The service in each restaurant/ bar is absolutely diabolical- every time I go! The spa restaurant, the cellar bar and the bontanic restaurant takes the biscuit! Crazy wait to be served, forgetting our food order, sending the wrong drinks - it was so sub standard for a four star hotel that has AMAZING potential. Really needs improvement!
I want to give it the benefit of the doubt which is why I have returned but after our last stay I don’t know if I can recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shauna K
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Shauna K

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on your recent visit and I have passed your feedback to our Management Team. I would like to assure you that this is certainly not the standard that we strive to achieve.

I do hope that you will return to Farnham Estate, as we would very much welcome the opportunity of restoring your faith in us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a very enjoyable stay here. Highlights are definitely the spa and afternoon tea. The service was fantastic. Very helpful and friendly staff. The breakfast is average. I would recommend avoid dining here- the cedar room restaurant is over priced and bland. Overall though it is a nice place to stay :)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Discover672998

Dear Discover672998

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Farnham Estate and appreciate the lovely feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m writing this as I’m lying on the amazing bed within the inexplicably beautiful Farnham Suite gazing out on the stunning countryside that surrounds this hotel and I don’t want to leave.

From the moment we arrived and were collected in the courier bus by George, we have been treated like royalty. We came here for a “babymoon” break before having our first baby and I couldn’t have wished for a more relaxing couple of days.

I have never stayed in a more amazing room (which is more the size of an apartment) as the Farnham Suite. The copy of Pride and Prejudice on the bureau couldn’t be more fitting as Elizabeth Bennet I definitely feel. The sumptuous furnishings from the Victorian era are a fitting tribute to the care and vision the hotel have taken in keeping the 16th century estate alive whilst adding the contemporary features expected of a modern hotel and spa, and they do it wonderfully!

Now to the points everyone wants to know about a hotel:

Staff- faultless. Attentive, professional and extremely hardworking, from reception to the waiting staff to the cleaning staff. Everyone had a smile and time for a chat whilst attending to every need. A special mention to Diana in the Cedar Rooms- such a lovely girl and looked after us beautifully.

Food- outstanding. Breakfast fresh and plentiful with nearly every choice you could wish for from breads and pastries to fresh porridge and hot food. We ate in both the Botanica restaurant and the newly opened Cedar Rooms. Delicious food in amazing surroundings, particularly the Cedar Rooms with breathtaking food in the stunningly converted estate rooms. Note- food is no longer served in the Cellar Bar- this bar, set in the old tunnels under the estate, is for drinks only but well worth a visit to experience the surroundings at the very least.

Rooms- aside from that already mentioned about our suite: huge, comfortable bed; exquisite selection of Espa and shellig toiletries; huge rainfall shower and freestanding bath; nespresso machine and large selection of tea/coffees and bedtime chocolates. The attention to detail means you want for nothing!

Spa- wow! The mint thermal suite offers more options than we’ve ever experienced before and options even for pregnant ladies like myself such as the reflexology foot bath. The pool with air vitality beds and jets led (by swimming through) to the stunning outdoor heated infinity pool. No treatments for us on this occasion unfortunately but need to save something for our return visit! It’s no surprise the spa has won a global award.

Activities- the 1300 acre woodland estate hosts beautifully natural and conserved woodland with a variety of trails to suit all ages and abilities. We took in 4/5 of them in our time there, only stumbling upon one other couple, and could have walked and taken in the beauty of the surroundings all day long. They are in the process of constructing a new golf club which looks like it will be amazing and apparently the golf course is fabulous although we can’t comment on that. Definitely worth taking a wander around the estate with the walled garden and orchards too.

All in all, we don’t know how we’re going to ever stay anywhere else without comparing it to Farnham. We had initially planned to stay just one night but added an extra one at the last minute- boy, am I glad we did! This was our first time here but definitely won’t be the last. Could not recommend Farnham more, and will be doing so to anyone who will listen!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracemcd81

Dear tracemcd81

Thank you for such a lovely Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit and thank you so much for the lovely feedback, which I have shared with the team and which we all really appreciate.

Best wishes for the forthcoming new arrival and I do hope that we may have the chance of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived in August 2018 for a 2 night stay , with the hubby. The car park is a tiny walk or a lovely man ferrys people to the door ,i only waiting 4 seconds after i parked up.
The lovely girl on reception was welcoming, If wanting a spa treatment i suggest book in advance before you arrive, luckily i got the last 30 minute facial slot, good , but not long enough. The spa facilities certainly made up for it,,, it was just FAB, heated pools, beds , outdoor heated infinity pool, all with Jacuzzi s on the sides of the pool, steam and sauna rooms fab, pedicure bubbly stations, fresh waters to drink, i was really impressed. All free for residence stay as long as you like, take a good book!
Rooms were comfortable, bathrooms great, housekeeping so nice also, robe and slippers too.
Food, the bar food is set in the reception lobby, up a few steps, actually really nice,tasty , the two twins behind the bar could smile a bit....., the tea rooms were ok , but i thought lacked in atmosphere a bit cold looking, Anyhow the evening meal was great, but my favorite part of a holiday is breakfast , as its something i dont do at home, well i was beside myself, it was really good and plentiful, salmon, cheese, porridge, fruits, breads, and the fry up superb, i will go back as soon as i can.
P.s hubby thought the golf course was unusually tricky, he still enjoyed it thou.
HIghly reccommend.

Room Tip: i liked my room 331
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Linz C

Dear Linz C

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

Delighted that yourself and your husband enjoyed your visit and thank you so much for the lovely comments. Thank you also for your feedback in relation to certain aspects, which I have passed to our Management Team.

I do hope that we may have the chance of welcoming you back to Farnham Estate once again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed 3 nights in June. The self catering houses are very sadly neglected. Weeds growing out of the gutters, weeds a foot high in the patio area which made sitting outside very unpleasant. Paintwork peeling. No wardrobe or dressing table in one of the rooms so the guests had to hang their clothes over the bannisters for the duration of their stay. Lots of small inconveniences with things not maintained in the house. Very dangerous loose and broken step on the way into the house. Food in the hotel below par. Very disappointing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank DEDSDE
Bridie M, Guest Relations at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DEDSDE

Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review.

Apologies for any disappointment in relation to your visit with us in June. Please be assured that all of these issues have been address since then.