Roseville
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
    Garryvoe Hotel(Garryvoe)
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewsgarden roomb bbrown breadsenior citizensbreakfast delivered to the roomown private entrancegreat showerguest accommodationpreservesthe main houseclock towerguest housebreakfast was deliciousgreat townbooked nightsmiddle of townsteeped in history
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 19 August 2010

This was rated the top B&B in Youghal, so we booked it. The location was convenient and the garden was lovely. The interior has seen better days, and the cheap furnishings are showing their age. Nevertheless, it was comfortable and met all of our needs.

The problem is that Youghal has not really set itself up as a tourist town. While it has a lot of history to offer, the town does not cater to tourists. It's worth a stop over, but I wouldn't make it a destination.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 26 July 2010

As far as B&B accomdation goes Roseville is perfectly adequate. The rooms are large, but a little dated in terms of decor. The breakfast was v good and the landlady and staff were very efficient. The location is very convenient and Youghal was a real highlight in our tour of Ireland.

But what really won us over was Jack the resident Jack Russell terrier, a real character. He doesn't like to be told what to do it's just that simple. HeeHee!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
    2  Thank Sherrilynne7
    Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed here in July for one night with my partner and to be honest it was enough for me!!
    We stayed in this B&B as there was a review in the B&B book of Ireland saying that it was rated highly by lonely planet & the rough guide. I'm not too sure why it is rated that highly but it could be my own personal taste.

The B&B is very quaint with a Victorian feel. I am a fan of modern, bright, fresh and airy accommodation so this was a problem for me! I will give my view of the B&B for other users who may have the same preferences as I do!

The room we were given had a double bed and also a single bed. Over head the double bed the headboard was burnt from the over head reading lights. The room decor is very dated. The beds had a satin dated bed throw on top of the bed sheets, The room was clean but as it has an old feel about it I couldn't help but think that it could have been cleaner! There was a kettle, two odd mugs and two odd spoons stored in the poky press on a cheap plastic tray that had a paper mat on top of it with tea/coffee stains...needless to say I was disgusted with this.
    The en suite bathroom was modern with a power shower which is the nicest shower I have ever been in!
    The hair dryer didn't work. There was no iron but the proprietor did iron my partners jeans which was very nice of her!
    The room also had an LCD TV.

The location is ideal, it is within walking distance of the town so there is no need for the expense of taxi's.
    The breakfast we were given in the morning was gorgeous I would highly recommend it.

If you like an old charming B&B's then perhaps this is for you. As I prefer modern accommodation I would not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 4 June 2010

Price was right & super location in the center of town, within walking distance of everything. Accomodations were comfortable and Phyllis was very helpful and provided one of the best breakfasts we had on our trip. Overall, we loved staying at B&B's rather than large hotels and this was a very nice one.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 1 June 2010

Came upon this place by chance and it was obviously our lucky day! The room was lovely and Phyllis very welcoming. Couldn't have asked for more....great breakfast too!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
    rosevilleyoughal, Owner at Roseville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Thanks for the review in June 2010! Roseville has moved to the next generation and we are taking the time to respond to all the reviews over the years !

Regards,