The Old Imperial Hotel
Roseville(Youghal)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Priceline
All reviewsthe main streetlarge portionssteak sandwichcentre of townfront barcoach houseno liftfab foodtop floorsecure parkingvery pleasant experienceset menuate heremain courselovely atmospherefor sunday lunchnew owners
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Booked in for 3 nights over Christmas 2011. Arrived and was shown to our room immediately by a helpful staff member.

The room was clean, spacious and had a old cosy Irish home feel to it. Except it wasnt as cosy as it was freezing, we put our bags down turned on the heating and headed out for the evening.

Arriving back to a still freezing room was not nice especially in December and as it was late we wrapped up warm and headed to bed. Waking up in a freezing room is worse and this was not helped by finding out that there was no hot water.

I headed down stairs to complain about the lack of heating and hot water to be told : "The boiler is not working and we are closing next week to have this fixed".

I immediately returned to my room to pack my bags - upon coming back down to reception to check out I was told I would be charged E92.00. After a short to the point conversation I left my details for the manager who called me later that day to say no charge would be made. Shocking.

Room Tip: Check the boiler works!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TheQueen_202
Mark G, Owner at The Old Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear TheQueen_202

Thank you for your review. We would not blame you for checking out as would have done so ourselves if in the same situation however would like to point out that at the time of your stay we were not the proprietors of the hotel and said same boiler and heating system was changed before we took over on January 20th.

Mark Golden & Mark Johnston
Proprietors

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in Youghal last week-end. It was our first time in Youghal and both the hotel and the surrounding area impressed us. When we arrived the hotel staff were up to their eyes with 160 Confirmation day lunches. We were still greeted with real friendliness. This friendliness and willingness to please continued over the week-end, from the bar staff to the dining room staff to the owner. When I praised the quality of the brown bread served at dinner I was presented with a loaf to take home with me! The only criticism I would have would be the decoration of the bedrooms. While they are spotlessly clean, the decor needs to be updated. The owners actually had someone in advising them about this while we were there. One thing they shouldn't change is the staff!

1  Thank AustinL

Dear AustinL

Thank you very much for your kind and helpful review. We agree wholeheartedly that the one thing we won't be changing is our wonderful team as they have all given their heart and soul to the business since we took over in January. We received some very helpful advice that weekend on how to upgrade the bedrooms and that is our next undertaking.

Mark golden

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stopped off at the hotel for an evening meal & were glad we did. The starters were promptly served & lovely. The mains were beautiful, obviously made using fresh ingredients, I had the seafood & my wife had loin of pork. Desert & coffee were very good. it was a lovely meal served by efficient & friendly staff at a very good price. I will definitely return.

1  Thank CorkMustapha

Dear CorkMustapha

Thank you for review, your thoughtful post only encourages us to work even harder at what we are providing here. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

stayed for weekend on a special that included 2 B&B and one evening meal. Exceptional good value. The food is the best i have experienced in a long time. Rooms are grand, clean and comfortable. But go for the food alone, you will not be disappointed. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Small hotel that respects the customer. Will definitely be back, sooner than later I hope. Mark keep up the good work, and the personnel touch.

1  Thank helenlaois

Dear Helenloais

Thank you very much for your heartfelt review. It gives us the encouragement we need to work harder at what we are providing here. Hospitality is to be hospitable and that is the motto of all the team here. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed here 5th Feb for one night...The room was spacious and warm. The welcome we recieved was exceceptional, in fact the girl who checked us in gave us the hotel no. and told us if we needed anything day or night while in Youghal ring...Thats what I call " The Personal Touch"..The food was excellent, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MarlowIreland

Dear Ann1313

Thank you very much for your feedback. Words of encouragement make us work all the harder. We are glad you had a comfortable stay with us and hope to see you again!