“Delicious food and drinks”
Review of Sweet and Salty

Sweet and Salty
Ranked #21 of 33 Restaurants in Youghal
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Excellent little cafe , great food very kind and friendly owners . I had the American breakfast with pancakes and a smoothie , the pancakes were amazing the best I have had ! The hash browns were also delicious . My smoothie was a proper fruit smoothie .
Its an American / Italian which is good because Youghal needs a little of variety . My friend had the mushroom pasta dish , The pasta was cooked to perfection ( al dente ) which means not soft and squidgy ., al dente is the correct way to cook pasta the way the Italians do . The pasta was flavorsome and as I would say 'ambrosia'.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

Sweet and Salty is a unique Cafe/Restaurant which serves American and Italian style food in the heart of Youghal. We visited (group of four including my Mother and two teens) today and had the most wonderful service by a lovely lady called Shirley and her husband. We had two wonderful American Breakfasts, a beautiful pasta dish cooked 'Al Dente' (for those that are not familiar how pasta should be cooked this is how true Italians serve pasta and is described as 'firm to the bite' not stodgy and sticky like you have in some Restaurants!) with porcine mushrooms, and a cream sauce cooked to perfection. Afterwards we had home-made Blueberry Cake with cream (ice-cream for my mum as she doesn't like cream, nothing was to much trouble for shirley even bringing my Mother a fresh pot of tea on the house) My daughter had a lovely smoothie with fresh blueberries and banana and the best waffles with maple syrup EVER. Shirley and her husband Lucio were so kind and thoughtful throughout our entire visit, catering for our every need. Even offering the free wi fi code to keep one of my teens happy.

I have read the other reviews and find it hard to believe I was in the same Cafe.

My conclusion would be if you want fast food like fish & chips etc or meat and two veg with gravy or chicken nuggets for kids, then this place is not for you.

If on the other hand you want friendly service, wonderful HOME cooked food from scratch, soothing Italian music playing in the background then I suggest you give this Cafe/Restaurant a try. Enjoy the whole experience and you will not be disappointed.

My two teens aged 15 and 16 said Shirley is such a kind person, who never stopped asking if they were ok and my daughter is already planning our next trip for more of those wonderful waffles.

I would just like to add, that as well as American/Italian Food..Shirley and Lucio also offer Irish alternatives, to try and cater for all their customers.

We entered Sweet and Salty as customer's and left as friends.

Thank you so very much Shirley and Lucio for making our visit so lovely, we shall look forward to our next visit when passing through Youghal.

3  Thank tilly172016
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Had two coffees in this place.
Coffees below average
Service rude and abrupt. we should of walked and not stayed.
Definitely left a Bitter and tart taste in our mouths.
Avoid as much better around in this charming town.

5  Thank Rustyone w
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

Bizarre experience, one I would not like to repeat! Extremely long wait just for drinks and scones, that were not very nice and all served separately. By the time the milk I had to ask for several times arrived the coffee was almost cold!! Scones were not fresh, defrosted in microwave. We just found it an extremely weird and awkward setup and wish we had walked further up the street and gone else where. Avoid!! Avoid!! Avoid!! You have been warned! :)

5  Thank CelticRose22
Reviewed June 18, 2016

Poor, slow service, terrible food, and a rude owner. There really is nothing good to say about this place. With plenty of other choices in the area, I would recommend staying far away from this one.

6  Thank melmar13