“Authentic Italian food st its best”
Review of Sweet and Salty

Sweet and Salty
Ranked #21 of 32 Restaurants in Youghal
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff passionate about food
Beautiful food, and friendly staff. Pasta carbonara was the best of 4 exceptional dishes - words cannot do justice for the authentic carbonara . Kids and parents loved it.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Upon entering the cafe there was a bell inside the door with a sign next to it saying "this is not a toy, ring for service" upon ringing it we were greeted by an abrupt American female who told us to sit anywhere. When we asked could we sit outside she snapped that we could sit anywhere. When we asked her what the french toast was like on the menu she became confrontational and aggressive. we cancelled the order and left. Appalling, rude, obnoxious woman

16  Thank Dok187
Reviewed August 2, 2016

A lovely cafe run by lovely couple. On our first visit my daughter and i chose pancakes with syrup and berries, served all day. They were freshly made in the American style and i defy anyone to be hungry after them. While we waited we played my daughters forst game of dominoes and other games available too. We liked it so much we came back following day, Sunday to show it off to my husband. I can't wait to go later in evening and try some classic italian/american meals.

Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

Went to sweet and salty for breakfast on a family holiday. From the off the owner was rude and confrontational when he got the order wrong. The 4 orders arrived at different times. When asked for the bill he said it's €51.97 so we asked for it to be itemised it came to just over €30. Horrible place and two very horrible people. AVOID

8  Thank brendandoyle75
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Excellent little cafe , great food very kind and friendly owners . I had the American breakfast with pancakes and a smoothie , the pancakes were amazing the best I have had ! The hash browns were also delicious . My smoothie was a proper fruit smoothie .
Its an American / Italian which is good because Youghal needs a little of variety . My friend had the mushroom pasta dish , The pasta was cooked to perfection ( al dente ) which means not soft and squidgy ., al dente is the correct way to cook pasta the way the Italians do . The pasta was flavorsome and as I would say 'ambrosia'.