“Delicious!”

Add it.
Il'pomodoro Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 11 Restaurants in Bunratty
Cuisines: Italian
Description: In the Bunratty Castle Hotel in Bunratty Ireland.
Description: In the Bunratty Castle Hotel in Bunratty Ireland.
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were staying in the hotel and went here for our dinner that evening.The restaurant itself is small but nice and warm and cosy...especially on that miserable rainy night.
We had the early bird at 7pm which was fantastic value at 50euro for the 2 of us for 2 starters,2 mains and a bottle of wine.
The trout and the mussels were GORGEOUS!!!

There are newer reviews for Il'pomodoro Restaurant

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Loved my meal here, you may miss it due to the bar food served till quiet late but this is worth a visit, price, quality, service and choice is brilliant. Had one of the BEST steaks I have ever eaten in here and while we were here there was a large wedding taken place and this in no way slowed out service or impacted the quality of out food, it really is a lovely lovely spot

Reviewed 20 December 2012

I used to eat there regularly. The food was fantastic and service faultless. The menu however seems to have changed. The Mushroom Tagliatelle which was great is not longer available. Also the 2 risotto dishes they had is no longer on the menu. The last time I dined there I was very disappointed to find my favourite dishes were not available. It was a quite evening when I was there so I was confused to find the service to be so slow. I waited over 30 minutes for my main course. I don't believe this was the fault of the servers as I saw them many times going into the kitchen. It would appear that the delay must have been from the chefs. I really do hope that they change to menu back to more Italian dishes. It seems the previous Italian inspired menu and been replaced by one that lacks any kind of real flair.

1  Thank Lily2901
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed in Bunratty Castle Hotel and dined in the il Pomodoro restaurant attached to the hotel three nights. The food was absolutely first class, a wide variety of dishes available. The chefs Fergus and Antony do great things with the food and Mary and Antonio give top class service. We can't wait for the next time.

1  Thank campers
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed in the Bunratty Castle Hotel in August. Out of sloth, and a lack of choices in town, we went to the Il Pomodoro restaurant in the hotel. What a pleasant surprise.

The food was authentic Italian, simple ingredients prepared elegantly. Great service and a very pleasant evening with the two great staff people, Antonio and Monica. The wine was reasonably priced as well with a nice selection.

It is dangerous to eat Italian food outside of Italy, but no danger here. Enjoy