“Golf the day away but keep a little something for the night at the Shannon View”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shannon View Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballybunion
Shannon View Hotel
Ranked #11 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2002

The Greenmount is now known as the "Shannon View" since it was taken over by Michael and Anne Costello in July of 2000. Michael is a native of Ballybunnion and in the mornings can be seen walking the beach to the Cashen and back again before he begins breakfast for the guests staying at the hotel. This is after a long night serving the guests of the Hotel at the cozy bar. The bar is divided into two sections,lobby and well the bar itself where you can expect to see many of the locals chatting over a turf fire and a few pints of Guinness and the odd Mr. Jammeson to clear the throat. Unexpectedly musicians start to arrive just as I thought of calling it a night so I re-establish myself on my chair and call for another creamy pint and if I'm your lucky Anne will have put on a pot of spare ribs and cocktail sausages to which I would gladly say my prayers.
Having spent a weekend there recently I got to meet one of the Kerry greats, Eoin "The Bomber" Lioston and his brothers and mother who were into Michael and Anne to have an informal family gathering over the Christmas break before everyone splits up again after the new year. As far as I can remember the sing song ended somewhere around dawn and breakfast being served!!!
Next day a half hour stroll on the beach aided by a fresh breeze from the Atlantic had my head back in order and had given me an appetite for the Irish breakfast served by a fresh faced Michael (how he does it I don't know). I had promised myself a hot seaweed bath in Mulvihills but time did not permit as we packed our bags and headed back to the airport in Cork just a short trip up the road.
The place just gets better and better with each visit and the hospitality is second to none. I can't wait to get back there for the summer when Michael assures me he'll keep a seat for me.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member