1,214 results
All reviews manor house lime tree restaurant upgraded to a suite golf resort elk bar lovely hotel next morning blessington lakes wedding venue the ground floor top class three course meal the main hotel from start to finish bar food wedding reception one night stay
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a friend's wedding for one night. Such a beautiful plan e. Gardens beautiful, great view of lakes, fantastic seating area outside, staff very polite an friendly an our room was fantastic, very clean. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in tullfaris altogether,I will definitely be visiting again, highly recommended. Thank you

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank orlafinlay81
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Dear orlafinlay81
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found everything at Tulfarris to your liking and I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the team whom I know will be delighted! We look forward to welcoming you back to Tulfarris in the not too distant future!

Kind regards

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Where to start ?
We had a 1 night stay with dinner and breakfast included.
The Room.
The toilet ran continuously making noise all night, the toilet paper holder fell off the wall when I went to use it. The carpet was frayed and pulled away from the wall.
All in all, the maintenance of the room was very poor.
The service.
The service could best be described as quantity instead of quality. Evening time at the bar there were 10 to 15 customers. Behind the bar there were 4 staff and a manager, the length of time to get served was unacceptable, I've often seen a single good bar person taken care of the same amount of customers on their own. Around midnight I asked for an Irish coffee, I was told the coffee machine had been washed out for the night and they had no cream. While enjoying a lovely dinner upstairs earlier, I asked one of the waitresses if she could get a drink from the bar or should I go down and get it myself. She said "no problem" but my drink never arrived. The next morning at breakfast, it was next to impossible to get pot of coffee unless you got up from table and chased the wait staff down.
The hotel needs to hire some good quality professional staff or invest in some training to bring it's current staff up to an acceptable standard.
The one bright spot of the stay was the quality of the food we had for our dinner. It was absolutely delicious. While the service was a little on the slow side the food itself was excellent.
Obviously they have a talanted kitchen staff, but my guess is they will need to improve a lot in other areas if they are going to hold on to them.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ricky P

Dear Ricky P
Thank you for completing a review following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to learn there were some aspects of your stay that were not up to standard. My team and I are now taking the appropriate action on the areas you have highlighted that could be improved. We do appreciate your positive comments also. It is always our aim to meet and exceed guest expectations and I do apologise certainly what you experienced isn't typical of Tulfarris.

I sincerely hope that you will give our hotel a chance to make a better, lasting impression during your next visit to Wicklow.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 16, 2018

We had a one night dinner BB package at the hotel. Others who have reviewed clearly also picked up on the very grubby carpet and sewage smell especially around reception which is possibly the worst first impression to make of a hotel but it was mine. Dinner was very good, fabulous steak.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lalala84

Dear Lalala84
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Tulfarris. We appreciate the feedback and we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. I would like to provide some observations on the points raised in your review.
Tulfarris is currently in the midst of a bedroom refurbishment programme and whilst we do our utmost to ensure our carpets are presented in pristine condition at all times there may have been occasions where it appeared grubby due to construction personnel.There was an issue with the foul lines that day also which was unforeseen and out of our control but was cleared soon after , please accept my sincere apologies.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 16, 2018

The most beautiful hotel in the most beautiful setting.

I stayed for one night and my whole stay was so enjoyable. The staff are brilliant and very accommodating, the food is sensational and the breakfast is to die for. For the price I paid which was beyond reasonable, i got a 5 star experience

The pillows in the room are beyond description. I would highly recommend this beautiful hotel and will certainly be back in the future.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicole R
Thank you so much for posting such a positive review of your stay at Tulfarris l. I'm delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your time with us and I really do hope it won't be too long before you are back to stay again.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 14, 2018

We celebrated a family event here recently. We all had the most wonderful time!
Sincere thanks to Sharon for co-ordinating the occasion and for organising such a memorable evening. From the menu personalisation, to the private dining experience in the Beech Suite and the Complimetary Parsley Panacotta from the Chef, everything was top class. The food was amazing and the service by Jay and all the staff was outstanding. We retired to the Elk Bar afterwards and the music there was excellent also. Our sincere thanks to Paddy also for ensuring our safe journey home. It was really appreciated). I highly recommending Tulfarris for the ultimate private dining venue and break away. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank L W
GMTulfarris, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear L W
On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely,