“Best part of our stay”

Deerfields Restaurant
Price range: US$29 - US$41
Description: Deerfields Restaurant is the elegant dining room of the Inn at Dromoland. The restaurant provides a relaxing, cosy atmosphere for all of your dining requirements. At the Inn at Dromoland we aim to ensure that your dining experience is a truly enjoyable one. Using the freshest, local ingredients our menu is sure to impress you.
Reviewed March 20, 2017

Usually Hotels don't serve food to a restaurant standard, here was different all 3 of us dining were blown away by the quality of food served. The service was OK and the room a bit dreary but for good food I can heartily recommend this.

Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Thank you jseward1468 for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback following on from your recent meal with us at Deerfields Restaurant.
Kind Regards

Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

Had a family dinner here on Saturday evening and it was really delicious. After ordering we were offered delicious bread/bread rolls which is a lovely touch. I had bruschetta to start. It was very tasty and accompanied by one of the nicest side salads I've had in a while. OH had the antipasti plate which he said was delicious (although it was supposed to come with cheese which was omitted...not sure why). Main courses of fish & chips for me and pasta and chicken goujons for the kids were great. OH had sirloin steak which was only average...it was small and thin and looked a bit lost on the plate (the ribeye on it's way to a neighbouring table looked far more appetising!). Desserts (sticky toffee pudding, apple & berry crumble and chocolate fudge brownie for the kids were scrummy...although the mint ice cream was deemed horrible by both kids!).
Service was great. Croidh, Katie and Dylan were all really friendly and helpful.
Overall a very enjoyable meal.

Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Thank you Lipglossgal for your wonderful 5* review, I will make sure to pass on your comments and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

I was passing here one morning quite early, around 8am. Had nothing eaten before I left home , decided to stop for a quick breakfast . Shanigans Gastro Pub , which is attached to the hotel was closed , so I checked the hotel itself. I was met at reception by a friendly receptionist , who showed me through to restaurant at the back, where breakfast was being served.
The breakfast selections and options were unreal. I settled for the usual full Irish, coffee, toast , juice. It was absolutely the best breakfast I've ever had ! Every thing cooked perfectly, no grease, quality food, set me up for the day. The staff were so polite and professional. I know I'm on a bit of a rant just for breakfast , but I was so impressed I had to write a review. Ok, at €12, it's bit steep, and you can get breakfasts elsewhere for a few euros cheaper, but at this level of quality and service you absolutely won't. Worth every penny. Keep up the good work folks

1  Thank Thebaldylad
Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Thank you Thebaldylad for your wonderful review "The Way Breakfast Should Be!" following on from your recent dining experience.
Delighted that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 9, 2015

We could not have asked for a better spot for a family gathering. As a large group (17 in total) we were allocated the Sun Lounge, which meant that we had plenty room to mingle and chat, while not worrying about impact on other diners. This was offered by the hotel - not a request - at no extra charge. A very thoughtful gesture, both for us and other to other diners (though they never knew it :-) )

Food was superb (we used the set menu option). With the wide variety of options available, almost everything on the menu was ordered at least once and the feedback from all was excellent. Service was prompt and staff could not have been nicer.

With a large "play-area" available, the younger members of the party also got an opportunity to burn off energy. We were delighted at every aspect of the experience and would highly recommend to all.

2  Thank John D
Tom S, Director of Sales at Deerfields Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2015

Thank you John D for your wonderful review following on from your recent family gathering. Delighted that you enjoyed it and that we were able to offer you a Private Room on the day. Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2015

I recently ate at Deerfields restaurant while I was in Ireland. Food was absolutely delicious. The service was wonderful with very friendly staff. Make it a point to eat here if you are in the area.

4  Thank 310waynet