“Not just the best in Lahinch, for the price a contender for the best anywhere”
Review of VL Restaurant

VL Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Lahinch
Price range: US$45 - US$55
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: VL Restaurant is an elegant dining restaurant at Vaughan Lodge Hotel. The Restaurant opens normally on Tuesday evening to Saturday Evening. Dinner only is served with a set menu and A La Carte selection. The emphasis is on classic french cuisine with a modern style and presentation. There are seafood and meat dishes and vegetarian options also. Booking is essential as numbers are limited each evening. Closed November to April
Reviewed May 9, 2017

You'd be hard pushed to get a better meal for the price. Four guys on a golf trip went to VL expecting nothing special and were treated to a wonderful three-course meal, great wine list and a smattering of very tasty amuse bouche and petit fours.

Service was faultless - attentive when required, not noticed when not needed. Couldn't have been more helpful.

Far and away the best meal of our 7-day trip to Ireland and at a price that we'd frequently paid for much much less.

If you're in Lahinch, you have to go. Simple as that.

4  Thank Richard L
mavaughan, Owner at VL Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

We have grappled with pricing for a long time and the AA inspector suggests that the menu is too cheap for the quality we offer. We try to keep competitive with local offerings while pushing up the standards each year. it is very heartening to know that our guests appreciate what we do.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

My parents and I had been out and about all day, I was suffering from jet lag, was hungry and tired. I felt a late dinner was going to be too much for me. But how wrong I was. This is definitely a place to go. A warm welcome, a comfortable dining room and a great menu. We started with beetroot meringues with goat curd (just bring me a plate of those!) and duck with wild garlic and pea crisp. We were off to a great start. We opted for a main course and dessert. The rack of lamb was perfectly cooked and seasoned. My Dad had filet steak which again was excellent. We chose three different desserts. I had the chocolate mousse which was so good. It was the perfect end to a great day. VL restaurant is well worth it. Book in advance.

2  Thank Suey267

VL Restaurant was described as a hidden gem by a recent visit from the hotel inspector. We do not go out of our way to hide our efforts, but people always assume that the hotel restaurant will be ordinary! It takes a village to make a change and you have assisted in guiding the path for more diners to our locale!
Thank you for your time and kind words and especially your business.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

I have eaten twice now in this restaurant and have yet to be disappointed. I can honestly say this has been of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. It's michelin star quality food without the price tag. Owner and staff very welcoming. I was pleasantly surprised after each meal with a little extra dish which I found was a lovely touch. If you are ever visiting the banner county this hidden gem is definitely is certainly one restaurant you must visit.

3  Thank aoifetuohy1997

That is high praise indeed. The fact that you returned should be praise enough for us all, but it is more than encouraging to read how the second visit went.
We will try to keep on the path of perfection!!

Reviewed November 1, 2016

Very nice dining room. Service absolutely great and the menu had a nice variety. Really nice wine list with bottles to fit a wide range of budgets. I had the fish special and it was one of the best meals we had on our two week trip. The lodge is a very short walk from the main town. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank OttawaCurler

It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed a highlight of your trip to Ireland at VL Restaurant. Everyone on the VL team was very pleased with what you had to say.

Reviewed October 24, 2016

We had a marvelous stay in Vaughan’s Lodge hotel. The hotel was clean and stylish, with excellent service in the restaurant where we had dinner. Food was excellent and great value for money with the dining room service/staff friendly, attentive and efficient.
Room itself was spacious and comfortable. We were very pleased with our stay, and although short this time, we hope to be back for a longer visit in the future

3  Thank keenanbrian

Thank you for taking time to review our Restaurant
It was a great pleasure to serve you and to read your words of encouragement.