“Awesome B&B!”
Review of The Siding B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahinch
The Siding B & B
Ranked #3 of 17 Lahinch B&B and Inns
“Awesome B&B!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I don't think I can give Susan and the Siding B&B enough praise. It's a beautiful house, just outside of town, with a great view of the countryside(Lahinch is amazing in it's own right...), yet very accessible and easy to find. The accommodations at the Siding are very nice, and the common room has a beautiful fireplace that Susan made sure to keep stocked with coal.

The proprietress and her husband were both exceedingly accommodating, as they picked my Girfriend and me up at the bus stop in town, and dropped us off again at the end of our stay. I even got a lift into town for my morning tee time at Lahinch Golf Club (also AMAZING!!!). It's worth noting that the B&B is within walking distance of town, probably a 20 minute walk, and there is a side walk the entire way. It's a beautiful walk if it's not raining.

Susan is also a great cook... I recommend the full Irish breakfast (the white pudding is great, but I opted out of the black), and DEFINITELY try any muffins or baked goods that she offers!

All in all, The Siding B&B is a lovely place to stay, with a friendly and accommodating proprietress(and family), great breakfast, and very nice rooms. I don't think you'll find a better value in Lahinch!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Jsells_n

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Four of us stayed with Susan and Douglas in August last year (sorry it has taken this long to write the review Susan!) for a friends wedding and we can honestly say it was the nicest B&B we have ever stayed in! The whole service from local directions and advice before arrival, the welcome coffee and homemade muffins to spotless rooms, delicious breakfast and all the way to waving us off after our stay was truely amazing. Nothing was too much trouble and all that on top of Susan just having their second baby girl just 5 weeks prior to our stay!!! Fantastic location, fantastic rooms, fantastic breakfast and finally fantastic family!! We would obviously not hesitate to stay here again!
Thank you again to you all!!
Raith, Carol, John & Laura

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed at The Siding at the end of March - 12 months after my first visit. Glad to find that it is still fantastic. Susan 'rocks' in the B&B world. ... did I mention the breakfast???? home made breads, muffins, fab porridge ... a genuinely, friendly, comfortable place.
Surfers needs also catered for - safe place to store boards ...
Appears to be 'family'/ children friendly too - can't speak from experience though

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 April 2012

A colleague gave us the recommandation to this B&B saying that it was by far the most pleasant B&B she has been too. I couldn't agree more. We were happy with literally everything: the rooms are lovely and spotless, the breakfast is delicous (gorgeous home made muffins and bread!) and a very cosy lounge area with fire is perfect to relax . We travelled with our 2 year old daughter and the owner Susan really went out of her way to facilitate our stay. We had a family room with a cot, a baby bath, a high chair and there's plenty of space and swing in the garden to play! but is is also ideal even when you've no kid. My parents came with us and they loved it too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Fermanagh
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had a wonderful 3 night stay at The Siding, welcomed by great hosts, Susan and Douglas. From the homemade muffins, granola, grain bread and fruit compote to the lit open fire in the guest lounge - it was like home from home, with a few little extras. We highly recommend it to anybody planning to visit Lahinch and surrounding areas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I arrived late in the evening on my last night in Ireland and was greeted warmly by my host, Susan. We spent some time in the lounge after I checked into my lovely and large room, and she treated me to coffee and gluten free snacks, and helped me check in for my flights the next day. I had to pack for an overseas flight, so I decided to turn in early, although I did find time for a luxurious bath. Susan packed me a gluten free breakfast to take away (to go) because I was departing early for Shannon airport. What a lovely stay! I'd definitely stay there again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2012

If you are looking for a very comfortable, cozy, and clean B&B with a charming cook, this is the place for you! We didn't want to leave! I wonder if we could move in?:)

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahinch
0.2 km away
0.8 km away
Craglea Lodge
Craglea Lodge
#2 of 17 in Lahinch

Been to The Siding B & B? Share your experiences!