“Charming & Relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Galway, Ireland
“Charming & Relaxing”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Stayed for one night, had a lovely meal in the restaurant, all the staff were friendly from reception to bar to housekeeping. Room was warm, clean and sapcious. I was sorry I could not stay a little longer, beautiful hotel in a beautiful location.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank cathj001
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for the lovely review you posted followed your recent stay with us. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food, found all the staff friendly and found your room warm, clean and spacious. I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon and thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Cork
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I recently stayed in the Falls Hotel, along with some family members, and I must say We all had a fabulous time,. Reception staff were kind, helpful & efficient. Our room was nice, comfortable & spacious. 1st night We ate in the Thai Restaurant and we had a fabulous meal ,entertainment in the Bar afterwrds was great craic! Meal in the Main Restaurant on the 2nd night was amazing! excelent choice on Menu,One of our party had special dietry requirements and when we spoke to The Head Chef regarding this He was very helpful and recommended lots of different choices! And the food was fabulous! Thanks to all the team at the Falls Hotel, We''ll be back soon!

2 Thank Elizabeth J
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much with us. It’s great to hear that you found the food fabulous and that you enjoyed the craic in the Bar. I have passed your review onto all the departments in our hotel and thank you again for going to the effort of writing the review.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Co. Clare is the most musical area in this beautiful part of Ireland. The village is quaint and friendly. The Falls Hotel is large and hosts many weddings, so there is always a lot happening at any one time. As any older Hotel it is dated in some areas. We stayed in the Apartments for a week. Living area is very spacious with excellent view of the river. The two upstairs bedrooms were o.k. The dining, kitchen area was like living in a cave... It was so dark we had to ask for table lamps. The cook top (aka stove) and dish washing / prep area was so dark we used a large flashlight to see properly. Mind you, if the sun shines it is very bright (no pun intended). The living area lacked any type of end tables and the TV was archaic. the Spa and swimming pool is nice and enjoyable. Staff is receptive, pleasant and friendly. There are many nice Pubs to meet every ones likes. They are all different and local input is important if you desire quiet, buzzy, music, yuppie, etc. They are ALL very traditional and unique. My major annoyance was the lobby area was often over run with noisy unruly children. The parents made no attempt to keep them in check and even when I asked the staff to help it made little difference. p.s. Would recommend the Byrnes Restaurant. Great for tea & scones (very cheap) and for lunch or dinner.

2 Thank SeaLoon
Dear TripAdvisor,
Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us in December. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities, the town and the people you met in the town. I have passed your comments on the lighting in the apartment kitchen area onto our owners and they are taking care of it at the moment. Thank you for giving us this feedback because it is only by hearing these things that we can make the change.
We did have quite a lot of families staying with us over the Christmas period and we did have some children using our large lobby area. I’m sorry if they disturbed you.
I hope you will visit us again and thank you for posting your comments.
Sales & Marketing Manger
Hale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We have just returned from a 2 night New Years Eve family break at the Falls Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was family friendly and catered extremely well for our five month old baby. The leisure centre was top notch.We found the food in the restaurant lovely.

The only minor downside was the bar food was over-priced and the bedrooms were slightly dated.

We would recommend the Falls Hotel to any family looking for a break.

2 Thank collycolm
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This is a lovely hotel in a stunning location right by the river and the amazing waterfalls which were spactacular when we visited as there had been so much rain. The hotel is set in a beautiful old building and we could see the falls from the restaurant windows. I have to say that some of the bedrooms are in need of a revamp, so you may be unlucky. The spa was great, nice swimming pool and outdoor hottub!
The staff were very welcoming. I enjoyed my stay here and would love to go back again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front in the original building are the best.
1 Thank angelinapink
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for the lovely review you posted following your recent stay with us. I’m delighted to read that you found the location stunning, that you enjoyed the pool and hot tub and that you found the staff very welcoming. We are a family owned and managed hotel and we aspire to giving our customers a warm and friendly welcome at all times.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed in Falls Hotel recently - u have stayed here many times in past 5 years. The location is fab, overlooking the river that runs through the town of Ennistymon. This is a lovely town about 3 miles from Lahinch which has an incredible Links golf course and wonderful beach with a reputation for great surfing.
The welcome and service was just right - warm and not overstated. Rooms are good for 3 star standard and food was excellent - both in carvery in the bar and in the formal restaurant that overlooks the river. It was a bonus to be able to stroll to a real authentic Irish pub after dinner, as the hotel is approx 250m from the main street. Overall, value for money was excellent, given location, service and quality.
This is highly recommended by us!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Dromadamusic
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review you posted recently. I’m delighted you enjoyed you stay with us so much and that you found the rooms good and that the location of the hotel with the views over the river suited you. It is great to hear that you found the standard of food served from the bar menu, the bar carvery and the main restaurant of a very high standard. I have passed these comments onto our kitchen team, thank you again.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
castletown
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We tend to make an overnight trip to Ennistymon at least twice a year, one always being at Christmas to visit my family in Ennistymon. I am sorry but The Falls is way overpriced at €150 per room per night. We got caught last year but never again!!!! There is hardly a town left in Ireland that you wont get a hotel room for the night for around the €60 . Which is plenty if you are an overnighter, basically just using the bed .

1 Thank kateCastletown
Dear TripAdvisor,
I’m sorry to hear that you found the hotel too expensive following your recent stay with us. The rates vary throughout the year depending on our availability and events happening in and around the hotel. At all times we try to offer the best value to our customers and one of our most popular packages of 2 Nights B&B & 1 Dinner is booked repeatedly by our regular customers because of the value and the quality of the meal they receive. I don’t have your details so I don’t know how many of you were in the room and I can only assume you stayed on a night that was extremely busy.
If you would like to contact me directly about this please call me in the hotel to discuss the matter further.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
3.3 km away
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis
12.1 km away
Ballinalacken Castle Country House

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!