“Not impressed.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
Dublin
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This hotel is grand for a family wanting to get away for a family friendly hotel for a few days. If you are a couple looking for a romantic break with nice surroundings and relaxing spa facilities, this is not the hotel for you. Restaurant food was nice, bar food was not good. We will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EmmaGDublin
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I was sorry to read about you disappointment following your romantic stay with us. I see from your review that you did not find our grounds or spa relaxing and I’m concerned about that. We normally get positive feedback from guests about the walks around our 50 acres of grounds and the treatments in the spa. I’m sorry that you did not find this to be the case during your stay.
At all times we try to ensure that all our guests have a relaxing and enjoyable stay and that all their needs are tended to.
If you would like to come back to me directly about your issues so we can find out what went wrong I’d appreciate it.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Just back from a two night stay at Falls Hotel. Excellent hotel and very good value. Our bedroom was beautifully presented and very comfortable. We ate in the Thai Restaurant on first night and had Bar Food on the second night. Both were excellent. The hotel is ideally placed for touring in Co Clare and is just a short stroll into Ennistymon village.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us. It’s great to hear that you found hotel is a great location, the bedroom beautifully presented and comfortable and that you enjoyed the food in the Thai Restaurant and the Bar.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We booked a family room package, us and three nippers aged 1-8. The room was great, plenty of room for us all. The swimming pool was brilliant, not too cold like many hotel pools we visited. Staff very patient with our little people at meal times both in the bar and restaurant. Lovely homely atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ladydaly
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found the room spacious, the pool brilliant and that you found the atmosphere in the hotel homely.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon and thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts after your stay with us.
Herts
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Nice location with easy access to the coast and the Burren. Breakfast somewhat indifferent with erratic service.
Spa is excellent, as good as any 5 * hotel

• Stayed February 2012
Rye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

If you find yourself in Co. Clare.Ennistymon is a great spot within 2 miles of lahinch with great beach with great surfing waves and a golf course within a short distance.Stopped in last week for lunch.Good warm food available in the bar.Great selection of home cooked food served from a carvery style unit.Food was plentifull and warm and served immediately.Service was plesant and fast.Considering the place is dead out of season clearly people know its a good stop for lunch.The place went from no one to packed within 30 min..The bar had the best views over Ennistymon with the view of the falls taking centre stage.Toilets were spotless as was the bar and extensive lobby.I can imagine in season this place heaves but still a great experience in February.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the viewof the falls
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Hello Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you very much for the lovely review you posted this weekend. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent lunch in our Dylan Thomas Bar and that you found the hotel spotless, the service pleasant and good and that you enjoyed the views over the river.
I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Stayed here for a wedding, hotel itself beautiful and reception hall was great. Wedding food was quite poor, dry potatoes, tough meat etc. Our room was functional but very old fashioned and our shower was terrible. It definitely wasn't worth price paid. When we had checked out and were driving home we got very rude phone call from member of staff accusing us of not paying as they couldn't find our key. We had credit card receipts and offered to turn back but were told 'oh we'll figure it out'. We were never given any explanation for this and it ruined what was otherwise a nice weekend

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Bonshont
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I’m very sorry to read your review this morning and very surprised to hear that you did not enjoy the food at the wedding. We always receive very positive feedback about the quality, flavour and standard of food that we serve at our weddings and in our bar and restaurants so I would like to get more information from you.
I see that you stayed with us back in August and since then a further 47 bedrooms were refurbished, bringing the total rooms refurbished to 120.
I would like to investigate the situation that occurred so I’d appreciate if you could contact me directly in the hotel by phone or email so I can look into the circumstances. You can contact me at sales@fallshotel.ie or by phone 065 7071004.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cipieres, France
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We had the misfortune to book here taking a well earned break leaving two of our daughters nearby in Liscannor with my Mother. All was well till around 1.30 when the trouble started, we were woken by revellers and this went on all night, people running up and down the corridor banging on doors. When we complained nothing was done. And what is more, when we complained at the desk the next morning stating that we hoped it wouldn't happen again the following evening (we were booked for 2 nights) they had no note of our booking and they couldn't accommodate us :( Really the worst place I have ever stayed.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank duggiebuggie
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
I’m very sorry to hear that your night sleep was disturbed during your recent stay with us. Normally, if there is an issue with a room allocation we do our utmost to change the room as soon as possible. I’d like to investigate what happened and as I don’t have your contact details I’d really appreciate if you would contact me directly in the hotel so I can look into this further.
I would like to apologise again for the unsatisfactory stay you had. We aspire at all times to offer our guests an efficient and warm welcome, high quality food and service and a comfortable stay. I hope to hear from you soon.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
6.1 km away
31.7 km away
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!