“5th Visit”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ennistymon
dublin
“5th Visit”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was My fifth visit to the falls- we just love the place. On this occasion we had a party of 6 (including two children) as all the people said before it is such a nice hotel, grounds, staff etc , special mention to Omar on reception this man offers first class customer service, also Matilda very proffesional and very willing to help with any queries you might have.

Like a previous post we we couldn't believe that such a family hotel would allow what happened on the Saturday Night, it was nothing short of a disgrace , My two kids aged 9 and 4 were terrifed with all that was going on, they were playing in the games room when two tugs literally pulled a vending machine from the wall Thank God they were not in the way as it could have been fathal I did make a complaint to reception the next morning but been honest I was told they cant be held responsible for their guests!!!!, Later that evening I expressed My concern with Matilda and she appreciated it was wrong and that the hotel had thought it was a female boxing tournament and as it was for charity they were very willing to help. Never in my previous experience at hotel have I encountered this - and I do hope the Hotel have learned from this mistake.

Please dont let this stop you from booking the hotel as otherwise its fantastic, the staff are exceptional- rooms are spacious and the Manager and his brother try their best to keep everybody happy. views from the hotel are amazing and its good to see in these times that the hotel are constantly putting their hard earned Money back into the building when most large international hotels are cutting back.

Room Tip: room with a view over the river inagh !!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
FallsHotel, Manager at Falls Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding our staff and the management plus stating the fact that our owners are constantly putting money back into the building and facilities.

I’m just so sorry that you were affected by the Boxing Tournament that took place on the Saturday night. When we agreed to providing the venue to them we certainly didn’t expect the outcome of the event. It was a local club running the event and as much as possible we like to support local but this was the first and last time we will be provided a venue for this event.

My apologies again and I hope that this has not deterred you from visiting us again.
Sales & Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Cork
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Great break away from it all. The cascades are beautiful with the river flowing along below the dining room. Lovely walks around, the sea only 2km away.

The bedrooms are lovely, the food excellent and the staff, especially the front desk staff, really good. When we mentioned one of us had a 'dodgy knee' we got a room with no stairs. Excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a good view, either forest or river.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for posting the lovely review following your recent stay with us. I’m delighted to read that you found the bedrooms lovely, food excellent and staff really good.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and thank you again for the review.
Bangor
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We had a group of 23 staying for 4 x nights over Easter 2012,. The food and service was excellent and we would diffently be back to stay the next time we visit the Burren. Rooms were also very comfortable and the staff were very helpful.

The hotel facilities and surroundings were outstanding for the 3 star rating this hotel holds. The Bar had live music all weekend which the group really enjoyed.

Thanks from all in East Antrim Ramblers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jim C
Hello East Antrim Ramblers,
Thank you for posting the review following your stay with us over Easter and for the lovely email you sent to our reservations department last week. I’m delighted that your group enjoyed their stay so much and that you found the food and service excellent and the staff helpful. We very much look forward to welcoming you all back again soon and we thank you for your custom.
Ireland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Firstly before i start into anything negative, I have to say that this hotel is in a lovely location and the staff are nice and friendly. The old part of the building is pretty, the rooms large and well appointed. I believe some of our experience was just down to an unfortuantely busy weekend there. All that being said, there are a a few things that did kind of ruin it for us.

We stayed here on Saturday 7th & Sundat 8th April, we stayed in a room on the same floor as the Reception. We arrived on Saturday and were absolutely besotted with the lovely location. Beautiful view out onto the Ennistymon falls and white doves on the front lawn! A short couple minutes stroll the the village...all was well. We booked a spa treatment for the following day.

Saturday night there was a some sort of boxing tournament on so, as it seemed busy and noisey, we went to the villlage for a quiet drink. Came back at around 11.00pm to be greeted by large gangs of people congreagted outside the front of the hotel, shouting, arguing and fighting and there was broken glass all over the front. It was really quite intimdating to walk up the steps through the front doors to get in among them. We went straight to our room as we did not feel comfortable to go back down to the bar which was what we had intended. There was alot of roaring and shouting and we looked out the bedroom window only to see a Garda riot van patroling the car park and then a Garda car some time after. Couldn't believe it, but determined not to let it put a dampner on things, we just chalked it down to the night that was in it and went to bed. Thought it was very hard to get asleep!

The next day, Sunday, the last day of our break, we had our spa treatment booked for 5.00pm. The treatment itself was lovely, however these spa treats are supposed to be relaxing and quiet experience and there was quite alot of noise seeped in from the pool area, so it was hard to switch off. To be fair, I know it was a bank holiday weekend and busy, but even still, a spa is supposed to be an oasis of calm which it was not. Sunday night, we decided to get an early night as we had a long drive the next day.

To be fair, you would expext it to be a bit noisey, but there were kids running up and down the corridor until around midnight. The room next door to ours clearly had kids in it (you could hear a pin drop in the next room or from the corridors - there seems to be no soundproofing at all, we could even hear the people next door turning on and off their light switches!). The doors to all the rooms slam shut instead of being on a slow hinge which meant that until about 3 in the morning doors were constantly being banged. The noise just did not seem to stop. I probably should have gotten out of bed and gone to reception to complain but as I had asked on my booking for a quiet room, I figured maybe other rooms would be noisier!

I did mention to the nice gentleman on reception the next morning about all the noise and he gave us a voucher that we could use against a future stay at a 'Select Hotel', which was nice. The thing is, with this hotel, I want to love it, as there are so many nice things about it, its just a pity that our experience with the fighting one night and the endless clattering and banging the next night really makes it difficult.

There wrere a couple of small things that I feel let down the appearance of the hotel. You enter throught the beautiful old builing, into a lovely large reception area, however when you look down, the carpets are quite stained looking. The bedroom was lovely and clean, but the windows were really dirty and the inside of the frames could do with a clean too. I am into presentation so maybe this is just being picky!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a quiet room. Find out if there are any events on!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed here because we got a good deal online and it is convenient to the Shannon Airport. Food was good. No Internet in the room is a bummer.

Stayed April 2012
dublin
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Nice hotel, friendly welcome. Very clean and a very friendly family atmosphere. Only 1 negative - I phoned 5 days prior to our stay to arrange a vegan meal for the Fri and sat night. i was assured this would not be a problem.
On checkin that friday afternoon I also informed the lady at reception of my requests. and again assured it was no problem.
The friday night we ate in the bar and as advised the chef was aware of a vegan meal and offered me a veg stir fry. perfect.
But the Sat night we ate in one of the function rooms, I asked for the vegan meal and the Polish waitress seemed a little confused she left then returned a few minutes later and said I could have the Cream of Veg soup without the croutons and for my main the salmon.
I again explained I was vegan, she seemed even more confused.
After more consultations with another 2 members of staff and a lot of embarrasment it was confirmed no vegan meal was arranged and i was to choose what i wanted (obviously at such short notice my menu was limited) i had to settle for a stir fry Again with fruit for starters and fruit for desert, VERY LAZY.
I was really dissapointed , i booked the meals well in advance.
otherwise i have to say the hotel was lovely and other diners said their food was lovely.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 1 night we had a fab stay we will be back ....

• Stayed March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ennistymon
6.1 km away
31.7 km away
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to Falls Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!